• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Solich Redux

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sure are a lot of second-guessers and know-it-alls on the board. Add in the prigs and (evidently) prudes, and the whiny nature of the discussion gets stale fast. In the end it changes nothing.

We are fine.

Hope the coaches don't share your view.

While the sky certainly isn't falling, we're not taking the sort of steps forward we should be able to. We're not talking Kansas here. I'd like to think the foundation should be built quite a bit higher by now.

We continue the process of developing players, recruiting to replace lost talent and refining our system.

We have a system? Seriously, can you tell me what that is?

Hope the coaches don't share your view.

While the sky certainly isn't falling, we're not taking the sort of steps forward we should be able to. We're not talking Kansas here. I'd like to think the foundation should be built quite a bit higher by now.

About 99% of teams need to improve at the end of every year... me saying we are "fine" doesn't mean I don't think improvement is necessary.

We have a system? Seriously, can you tell me what that is?

Offensively, I think our main drive will to work toward being a run dominant team that throws the playaction and some drop back effectively. Defensively, we are definitely fine. Obviously a bit more work/production on both lines is going to be an important part of improving next year. Luckily, we are relatively young at both position groups.

I guess you missed the big dip in success during that 6 year period (and no I am not one whoe expected a bunch of Nat'l Championships.

Sure, there was dip in 2002. Other than that, not sure what you're talking about. Are you one of those who thinks a coach should be fired for a "dip?"

Our program declined not because of Solich but because Steve Peedy never gave Frank's new staff a chance. Then came the Callahan Syndrome. Once again we a dealing with new coaches working with players they just met. 9 wins is good. Let's be patient with the new coaches & recruits. Big things are coming! :nod:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back