• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Soccer 2019-20 Season

Chelsea simply doesn't have midfield creativity with Kante, Jorginho, Mount and Kovacic. I really like what each brings to the fold individually, but they don't function well in combination. Kovacic and Jorginho are terrific holding mids who don't get forward well. Which would be fine and all, except apart from a rare Jorginho pick-out, they don't move the ball around all that well in order to generate pressure consistently. Kante is a generational defensive mid, but that's pretty much all he does really well. Granted, that is easily enough in a vacuum. It's just a mess trying to get anything going in the attack. Mount is ideally a guy that will put things together in the next couple years and be the player they want, but he's not there yet. He's still struggling to keep up with the speed of play in order to get his head up and find the right pass. All are exceptional players but don't click together. It'll be fun seeing if they start meshing better as the season progresses. If not, Chelsea will have to make changes there. I like Jorginho, but he's got to start getting the ball in better positions. He's not good enough defensively to relegate himself to a pure Dmid. Kante can play that role much, much better. If Frank is going to play him further up the pitch, he's got to start doing the things Fabregas was able to do. Certainly Supah Frank is thinking much the same regarding these guys.

Now, if Chelsea wants to start having their fullbacks make runs like Barcelona or Real Madrid, then having two pure holding mids linger 40 yards away from goal makes sense. Right now, the fullbacks provide width but nothing more. It's actually Azpi who gets more involved more around the box, which I wouldn't have predicted. But he mostly struggles in that role because it's not his game.

Gonna be a fun second half to see what Frank does with the team.

Oh, and by the way, Sheffield United are in 5th.

Chelsea simply doesn't have midfield creativity with Kante, Jorginho, Mount and Kovacic. I really like what each brings to the fold individually, but they don't function well in combination. Kovacic and Jorginho are terrific holding mids who don't get forward well. Which would be fine and all, except apart from a rare Jorginho pick-out, they don't move the ball around all that well in order to generate pressure consistently. Kante is a generational defensive mid, but that's pretty much all he does really well. Granted, that is easily enough in a vacuum. It's just a mess trying to get anything going in the attack. Mount is ideally a guy that will put things together in the next couple years and be the player they want, but he's not there yet. He's still struggling to keep up with the speed of play in order to get his head up and find the right pass. All are exceptional players but don't click together. It'll be fun seeing if they start meshing better as the season progresses. If not, Chelsea will have to make changes there. I like Jorginho, but he's got to start getting the ball in better positions. He's not good enough defensively to relegate himself to a pure Dmid. Kante can play that role much, much better. If Frank is going to play him further up the pitch, he's got to start doing the things Fabregas was able to do. Certainly Supah Frank is thinking much the same regarding these guys.

Now, if Chelsea wants to start having their fullbacks make runs like Barcelona or Real Madrid, then having two pure holding mids linger 40 yards away from goal makes sense. Right now, the fullbacks provide width but nothing more. It's actually Azpi who gets more involved more around the box, which I wouldn't have predicted. But he mostly struggles in that role because it's not his game.

Gonna be a fun second half to see what Frank does with the team.

Oh, and by the way, Sheffield United are in 5th.

Back to back losses for Chelsea.

Sheffield United will not be in fifth after tomorrow. United will be two points behind Chelsea and on a good run as a young team starting to gell.

Back to back losses for Chelsea.

Sheffield United will not be in fifth after tomorrow. United will be two points behind Chelsea and on a good run as a young team starting to gell.
Pretty sure Chelsea has lost 4 of their last 5 EPL games.

Caught the end of men’s NCAA championship on ESPN, Georgetown vs VA

gtown won on 8th penalty kick. In the ensuing celebration, some of the players took off their jerseys.

My question is: men wear sports bras now? (See photo)
College_Cup_Soccer_25553.jpg-6e9ee_c0-0-4429-2582_s885x516.jpg

Pretty sure Chelsea has lost 4 of their last 5 EPL games.

Make that 5 of the last 6 and 3 straight with a devastating loss at home to Southampton 2-0

Lampard might find himself on the outside looking in if he does not find a way to turn this slide around

I am not a fan of Lampard as a person ( his infamous 9-11 escapde will forever stain his reputation) or as a coach

United with a big win 4-1 over Newcastle. Big in that they are undefeated against the Top 8 but having struggled a bit against the lower table teams.

Sitting now in fifth just one point behind a struggling Chelsea

Burnley up next on Saturday

Pulisic is Chelsea's second leading scorer in all competitions with 6 goals and 6 assists (5 goals and 2 assists in league play)

Last edited:
United with back to back wins over Chelsea and Watford see them in fifth place. Now just three points behind Chelsea with 12 games to go. Young United team catching fire at the right time. Next game in the Round of 32 in the Europa League

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back