• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Soccer 2019-20 Season

Marlial with a screaming closer puts United up 1-0 in minute 28 vs Wolves

Full Time and it ends 1-1

Wolves is a scrappy team with a good coach and some decent players

Fair result

Last edited:
Chelsea will, hopefully, finish 8th in the table this year. There best playmaker is Pedro.

I'll let that sink in.

After watching the game against newly promoted Norwich its going to be a tough go for Chelsea. Their biggest problem is going to be keeping the ball out of their own net giving up two more today in 3-2 win. They might make the Top 10 but its going to be a struggle unless they start playing better defense

After watching the game against newly promoted Norwich its going to be a tough go for Chelsea. Their biggest problem is going to be keeping the ball out of their own net giving up two more today in 3-2 win. They might make the Top 10 but its going to be a struggle unless they start playing better defense
All true.

Arsenal is the same old same old, but they aren’t in the same class as Liverpool so the result isn’t really shocking.

Arsenal was mismanaged for years and they have a considerable amount of money tied up in wages on players that are nearly unplayable and immovable given their wages.

David Luiz is what he is, a mistake prone stopgap that merely serves as a filler until a better solution presents itself. Arsenal were smart for once in the transfer window and spent wisely but not desperately.

I do think Arsenal should ride the youth movement and see what Chambers, Holding, and Tierney bring once fit. I would also favor Guendouzi and Torreira over the human statue Granit Xhaka as deep lying midfielders.

Ceballos is a major talent, but on loan and I doubt Madrid has any interest besides him getting some regular 1st team football. They aren’t selling and I don’t see Ceballos asking to move unless he’s not part of the future in Madrid. Liverpool ate him alive as well. They quality was several fold higher than the Burnley side he carved up the week before. I think you have to give Willock some time in the attacking role as well to see where his future lies. Where does that leave Ozil? Beats me.

Pepe looks like the real deal and gave the Liverpool back 4 fits with his pace and skill. Couldn’t seal the deal, but a front three of Aubameyang, Lacazette, and Pepe will give many a European side fits this season although I don’t really like Aubameyang as a wing. He’s best in space in front of the goal.

I think Arsenal will compete with Spurs and ManU for the 3rd and 4th spot

So QPR beats Luton 3-2 and is sitting 4th in the table just three points off the top spot. Hopefully the boys can get a bit of a run going

United beat Lecister 1-0 and is sitting fourth in the table which this early in the season is a must to be in the Top 6. Young team still gelling so a lot of hope out there

QPR with a big win over Millwall today are sitting third in the table at 16 points. Just 1 point from top of the table

Feeling really good how this season is playing out

Well done boys

EPL setting up to be Liverpool running away with Man City getting their second shocking loss of the season and at home to boot. They seem to be lacking at CB and the looking for help in January. They could be out of contention by that point however.

Otherwise, right now, it looks like a 3 or 4 team battle for the last 2 CL spots between Arsenal, Leicester, and Chelsea. I’ll throw Spurs in there but I’m not sure why. Good lord. I don’t know what is going on there, but with largely the same roster as last year, they are playing like garbage. Same with ManU who are seemingly incapable of scoring. A dearth of attacking talent.

I haven’t watched much of chelsea, but it seems the kids are alright.

For me, I’ll be interested to see what Emery does when everyone is fit. Clearly both fullbacks will he changed out and I think (hope) Sokratis is on a short leash. He keeps rolling out immobile Granit Xhaka into a holding role which is getting old. Lots of promising young talent on the team. Will Emery roll with them or the stale old guard?

QPR come out firing after the International break with a 3-2 win over Hull City and currently sits in third place at 22 points just 2 behind WBA who sits a top the table

Really starting to feel good about this team returning to the EPL

With a young and frankly inexperienced coach running a new system and issues with player personal a Top 10 finish will be tough in my opinion.

United on the other hand brought in a young coach who has been blooded in Norway and a short stint with a bottom feeder EPL team. Not to mention their off season signings were extremely good both talent wise and back to the United blueprint of bringing in British players. Which will more than likely sees very few looking to leave year in and year out.

United will end up in the Top 3 and frankly have a shot to take the league

Are you a United fan, RR?

What’s your take on OGS? I don’t think he’s a good enough system coach to put United in the Top 4 with what’s in the squad. No proven goal scorer that is going to lead the line of a top side. They need more world class players and possibly a better manager or they’re going to spend a lot of time in the Europa League.

Over at Chelsea, Lampard is pressing all the right buttons and the kids are playing well. Willian and Jorginho seem rejuvenated w/ Sarri out. Good year in English football so far.

What’s your prediction on the final Top 4?

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back