• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Soccer 2019-20 Season

Are you a United fan, RR?

What’s your take on OGS? I don’t think he’s a good enough system coach to put United in the Top 4 with what’s in the squad. No proven goal scorer that is going to lead the line of a top side. They need more world class players and possibly a better manager or they’re going to spend a lot of time in the Europa League.

Over at Chelsea, Lampard is pressing all the right buttons and the kids are playing well. Willian and Jorginho seem rejuvenated w/ Sarri out. Good year in English football so far.

What’s your prediction on the final Top 4?

I have two teams. My team as a boy in England and still is QPR. Mom's family team United so yup mine too

I like him a lot. Like Frost he needs a couple of years. Sir Alex running interference for him helps too.

I am not fan Lampard as a person or Coach

Liverpool, City, Arsenal and United

QPR makes the jump back to top flight too

Last edited:

Pochettino fired.

This big wth is dedicated to you, Tottenham.

you gotta be kidding me billy zane GIF

Are you kidding me? Lol.

Last edited:
And one more GIF as a thank you from all the Chelsea fans.

So, Champions League Finalist wasn't enough after his first slow start to a season?

what the hell wtf GIF by Music Choice

And what, they're going to go with Mourinho? Lol. Love it!

So, Champions League Finalist wasn't enough after his first slow start to a season?

what the hell WTH GIF by Music Choice

its amazing. My Tottenham friends are morose.
Please oh please let Arsenal sack Emery and hire Pochettino. That would complete the circle for me

Pochettino fired.

This big wth is dedicated to you, Tottenham.

you gotta be kidding me billy zane GIF

Are you kidding me? Lol.

They’ve been lackluster for a year in the Prem, but their European campaign made it look a bit better. Think they needed a new voice there and they screwed him a bit by not refreshing the squad. His cycle was very important to building up the Spurs. Let’s see if Mourinho can get them over the hump and win trophies. I think he can.

They’ve been lackluster for a year in the Prem, but their European campaign made it look a bit better. Think they needed a new voice there and they screwed him a bit by not refreshing the squad. His cycle was very important to building up the Spurs. Let’s see if Mourinho can get them over the hump and win trophies. I think he can.
I think you and I watched a different Tottenham last year. But that's subjective, so all is good.

So here's my opinion, so take it for what it's worth.

The lesson Tottenham ownership somehow failed to learn, after watching club after club after club make a similar mistake, is that "underachieving" has two forms. One is when the roster is playing hard and the results aren't coming. The second is when the players have given up. Tottenham was clearly the former. When you have a solid manager in place and players that still give him effort, then it's time for a roster makeover. That's Tottenham. That's Real last year after Zidane took the reigns. Even though I'm not sold on Ole, that's ManU right now. Compare that with ManU or Chelsea towards the end with Jose. That's not to say Mourinho won't click at Tottenham. But I'm betting heavily that Mourinho's style of play won't go over well with Kane, Son, Alli, Erickson, Moura, and Lamela. Now, Tottenham will be in for a roster makeover, whether they want to or not, simply because their front office didn't make moves for Erickson, Alderweireld and Vertonghen. Unless the unexpected happens, that's about 200M they are letting go on the free that should have been used to bring about a roster change. Now? Their stuck in a financial crunch from the stadium build and having to pay transfer fees to fill slots. Horrible. Just horrible. It's just a matter of time, IMO, until Jose starts complaining about not being able to bring in the defenders and defensive midfielders he wants and marginalizes solid first-team players. It's probably going to get better for about 3 months, then get pretty ugly. But it will be entertaining to see what they do in the summer window to fit Mourinho's style. Of course, if Mourinho changes things up and starts playing attacking football for the first time in over a decade, then all bets are off.

I think you and I watched a different Tottenham last year. But that's subjective, so all is good.

So here's my opinion, so take it for what it's worth.

The lesson Tottenham ownership somehow failed to learn, after watching club after club after club make a similar mistake, is that "underachieving" has two forms. One is when the roster is playing hard and the results aren't coming. The second is when the players have given up. Tottenham was clearly the former. When you have a solid manager in place and players that still give him effort, then it's time for a roster makeover. That's Tottenham. That's Real last year after Zidane took the reigns. Even though I'm not sold on Ole, that's ManU right now. Compare that with ManU or Chelsea towards the end with Jose. That's not to say Mourinho won't click at Tottenham. But I'm betting heavily that Mourinho's style of play won't go over well with Kane, Son, Alli, Erickson, Moura, and Lamela. Now, Tottenham will be in for a roster makeover, whether they want to or not, simply because their front office didn't make moves for Erickson, Alderweireld and Vertonghen. Unless the unexpected happens, that's about 200M they are letting go on the free that should have been used to bring about a roster change. Now? Their stuck in a financial crunch from the stadium build and having to pay transfer fees to fill slots. Horrible. Just horrible. It's just a matter of time, IMO, until Jose starts complaining about not being able to bring in the defenders and defensive midfielders he wants and marginalizes solid first-team players. It's probably going to get better for about 3 months, then get pretty ugly. But it will be entertaining to see what they do in the summer window to fit Mourinho's style. Of course, if Mourinho changes things up and starts playing attacking football for the first time in over a decade, then all bets are off.

Their form in the second half of the 18/19 season (outside CL) was not good. They closed out the Prem w/ 8W-9L-2D. It carried over into this season. That’s a year of not getting results in the league.

Tottenham invested quite a bit in the transfer market this summer and could be more if they take the option to buy Lo Celso. It would have made no sense to sell Jan and Toby when you don’t have the money to replace with younger, better CBs. It made sense to keep the team together and try to win silverware. Ericksen, on the other hand, I can see the point in selling him sooner. He’s younger, would have brought in a decent sum. Could have brought in a younger, established player who has a better defensive workrate and fits Pochettino’s press better. Their lack of press is probably a huge reason that they’ve struggled recently as well.

Mourinho is never going to attack like a Guardiola or Klopp side, but he’s still had teams that have been “attacking”, whatever your definition of that is. Is he going to abandon defensive structure and leave his team vulnerable? No. If he’s overwhelmed in the central areas of the pitch, will he sit back and counter? Of course. Is he going to close up shop with a sufficient lead? You bet. His teams have been plenty exciting. There’s more than one way to play football. Why do you think the attacking players won't like playing for him? A lot of them (attacking players) have had success under Mourinho.

He will have a typical Mourinho cycle and most likely wins a trophy and keeps them in CL contention.

Last edited:
Look at Man United against Sheffield today ...

Back 3 w/ Fred and Pereira as CDM/CMs? :Lol:
Poor setup by OGS … bad squad, in general.

Edit -

Good adjustments by OGS at the 60’ mark. Went to 5 attacking players, one CM, and a Back 4. Absolutely swamped Sheffield and went up 3-2.

Last edited:

what the hell WTH GIF by Music Choice

Chelsea fans making fun of Spurs when they hired Jose not once but twice ;) :Cheer2:

United with back to back wins over Spurs and a big one over City today 2-1

Up to fifth in the table. Young team starting to put ii together

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back