• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

SOCCER 2018-2019

2019-20 CL pots came out over the weekend, and I find it absolutely hilarious that Chelsea will be a seeded team in the group stage. I assume that's due to winning the Europa League?

Also, the preliminary USMNT roster for the Gold Cup is out, and the forward selection makes me want to puke. Altidore, Morris and Zardes are still some of the best the US has to offer? Blah.

Very little chance they will it

Attendance and TV ratings are down for the national team to boot

Big win for the U-20 US team today, topping France, 3-2, in the round of the 16 in the U-20 World Cup. Ecuador is up next in the quarters this weekend.

2019-20 CL pots came out over the weekend, and I find it absolutely hilarious that Chelsea will be a seeded team in the group stage. I assume that's due to winning the Europa League?

USA with a pre-Gold Cup friendly tomorrow night vs Jamacia at 6 PM CDT on FS-1

Jamacia leads a young US team 1-0 after 7t minutes. They have been the better team on the whole tonight

USA fans look shocked. The team has a way to go. Gulati gutted US soccer plain and simple. Tough job to rebuild this team

Jamacia leads a young US team 1-0 after 7t minutes. They have been the better team on the whole tonight
Young team looked outclassed, out hustled and out played. I know the Gold Cup team has a lot different roster, but this is not a game the coaches or players can say anything good about

Also, the preliminary USMNT roster for the Gold Cup is out, and the forward selection makes me want to puke. Altidore, Morris and Zardes are still some of the best the US has to offer? Blah.
After the egg that Altidore laid in WC qualifying, I lost a lot of respect for him, especially seeing him and Bradley play with so much fire for their MLS club... gimme some new blood

Young team looked outclassed, out hustled and out played. I know the Gold Cup team has a lot different roster, but this is not a game the coaches or players can say anything good about

Yup as I said well deserved win for Jamaica who came to play

I can not think of anything really positive to say

Gold Cup Team better be much better or we could find ourselves as a 4th place team again

Last edited:
After the egg that Altidore laid in WC qualifying, I lost a lot of respect for him, especially seeing him and Bradley play with so much fire for their MLS club... gimme some new blood

Berhalter had his plate full with the mess Gulati and Klinsman left and as was stated tonight its much worst then he thought.

I screamed about youth after the 2014 WC and look what happened. We are behind the 8 ball right now and a long way to go

There is a very odd paucity of talent in their mid to late 20s in the USA right now. The 30s crowd is still better. We have a ton of excellent teen talent working its way up. But I'm not too confident in US soccer for the next 4 to 5 years.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back