• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

SOCCER 2018-2019

Fear not @jikastew Benny is back!

https://www.foxsports.com/kansas-ci...s-benny-feilhaber-in-trade-with-rapids-050819

I don't think this team is as bad as the record indicates, but they need to get healthy again. Since winning the Supporters Shield is out of the question now, the focus should just be getting into 7th place, and into the playoffs. Give some of the older guys as much time off as possible during the regular season, and still make that happen.

I'm never in the mind that signing a 34 yo is ever a good idea. But this makes sense.

SKC needs midfield depth from the bench. They need playmakers in midfield. They need attitude and possession in midfield. Check, check, check, check.

He's not playing 90, but he's an upgrade over anyone filling in for Roger, Ilie and Gutierrez. As long as he understands his role. Pretty sure he will, and will accept it just fine. He bangs heads with just about any authority figure with the exception of Vermes.

Actually, I'm liking it a bit more now that I think about it.

Plus, I love Benny and my kids always loved Benny.

Just finished watching the Tot-Ajax game. Wow. Two amazing semifinal 2nd legs. Just amazing.

I feel for Ajax, but am very happy for Tot and Liverpool. Both fan bases deserve this. I suppose I'll be rooting for Tot only because I love the way they do business over everyone else. Sometimes it's nice being an American who really only roots for teams and didn't grow up hating rivals. Pretty sure it would be like kissing your sister watching the CL final if I'd grown up a Chelsea fan in London.

So, correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't it possible that we have an all-EPL Euro finals if Chelsea and Arsenal come through?

I can't imagine the sudden change of emotions for Ajax fans watching those final few minutes of yesterday's game. They'll probably never get that close to a CL final for a long time, and to have it snatched away at the last moment had to be gut-wrenching. I think I read somewhere that UEFA is thinking about eliminating the away goal rule, but it's one of the best rules in all of sports.

As cool as it would be to see an all-EPL European finals, I'm hoping for Valencia to beat Arsenal, not because I don't want to see Arsenal in the finals, but because it'll seem really stupid to have two clubs located minutes from each other traveling all the way to Azerbaijan to play.

Last edited:

EPL greatest day since?

CL final: Liverpool vs. Tot
EL final: Chelsea vs. Arsenal

The payout for EPL teams will be ridiculous. Too bad Chelsea can't use any of it.

From CNBC:

Outside of the Premier League, only Real Madrid, Barcelona, PSG and Bayern are expected to show better revenue figures for 2018-2019 than the 20th ranked EPL team.

Win today and the Stags will be in the playoff final at Wembley which will be huge for the club finances as will promotion to League One

Last edited:

Ruben Loftus-Cheek tears his achilles playing a ridiculous, stupid, ill-timed game against NE Revolution. Out for months.

Who the ____ determined Chelsea should play this game midweek after the PL season finale? Even if not in the Europa Finals, why the hell would they play the game when they did? I'm sure they did it for branding in the US, but what a loss.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back