• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

SOCCER 2018-2019

I haven't done my write up for SKC yet. I'm seriously too lazy to do it.......probably because I like everything they did in the off-season. They are deep everywhere except for fullback. Unfortunately, any team with superior wing play, aka LAFC, will hurt Zusi and Sinovic. Zusi has looked nothing short of awful in the first two games. We'll see if it's just early season play or just old man Zusi.

I like the signing of Zelalem. Dude needed a kick-start. He's shown he can play a possession game; learned it at Arsenal when Wenger preached it. Seems generally happy to get the opportunity. And saying all that, Vermes won't trust him to play in more than mop up duty sparingly for quite awhile. Say what you want about Pete, but he doesn't alter his system for anyone. It's frustrating at times, but is also the reason why Sporting is consistent despite a middling payroll. They play the same ball in their youth system all the way up to their USL 2nd team. They have 3 homegrown teenagers who are capable of quality first team duty. They aren't quite Dallas in terms of fantastic homegrown talent, but they are damn close.

That SKC - LAFC game was mid-season quality from two very good teams. I expect both to be playing for the Western conference title.

RSL has looked really good too I would not over look them. Sitting a point above KC in the table at 1-0-1

I haven't done my write up for SKC yet. I'm seriously too lazy to do it.......probably because I like everything they did in the off-season. They are deep everywhere except for fullback. Unfortunately, any team with superior wing play, aka LAFC, will hurt Zusi and Sinovic. Zusi has looked nothing short of awful in the first two games. We'll see if it's just early season play or just old man Zusi.

I like the signing of Zelalem. Dude needed a kick-start. He's shown he can play a possession game; learned it at Arsenal when Wenger preached it. Seems generally happy to get the opportunity. And saying all that, Vermes won't trust him to play in more than mop up duty sparingly for quite awhile. Say what you want about Pete, but he doesn't alter his system for anyone. It's frustrating at times, but is also the reason why Sporting is consistent despite a middling payroll. They play the same ball in their youth system all the way up to their USL 2nd team. They have 3 homegrown teenagers who are capable of quality first team duty. They aren't quite Dallas in terms of fantastic homegrown talent, but they are damn close.

That SKC - LAFC game was mid-season quality from two very good teams. I expect both to be playing for the Western conference title.
Went to the SKC v CAI game last night. Totally worth the cold, wind, and drizzle. Nothing better than smashing a team who aren't actually trying to play a game. On to Monterrey.

Went to the SKC v CAI game last night. Totally worth the cold, wind, and drizzle. Nothing better than smashing a team who aren't actually trying to play a game. On to Monterrey.
Love to see those teams come North. Whatever desire they had to win, before the game.........was gone once they are out in the cold for 15 minutes.

I shouldn't say this, but Monterrey is going to wipe the floor with us.

Love to see those teams come North. Whatever desire they had to win, before the game.........was gone once they are out in the cold for 15 minutes.

I shouldn't say this, but Monterrey is going to wipe the floor with us.
They had zero desire to actually play. I've seen plenty of games with teams trying to just bunker down and advance, but it was just egregious last night. Anywho, the last 30 minutes were fantastic. Hopefully we can rise to the occasion against Monterrey. Our back line scares me going against a team like that, so we shall see what comes of it. I do like the play of Barath so far.

United draws Barcelona in CL Qtr Final draw

Looking forward to the two legs of this one.

It'll depend on which Barca team shows up. If it's the one where the pieces are in constant motion around the 18, it'll be over after the first leg. However, way too games this year where Barca has 5 guys standing just outside the 18 looking around doing absolutely nothing of interest. If that team shows up, ManU will destroy them on the counter all.....night.....long.

It'll depend on which Barca team shows up. If it's the one where the pieces are in constant motion around the 18, it'll be over after the first leg. However, way too games this year where Barca has 5 guys standing just outside the 18 looking around doing absolutely nothing of interest. If that team shows up, ManU will destroy them on the counter all.....night.....long.

United is a lot better team than folk thought they were. Jose was the main issue. Talent is there to play anyone

La Liga teams have a huge advantage too playing in the least physical league in Europe. In a long season it matters. Injuries of late have started to effect United a bit

I honestly believe United can win it. With that being said they will have to bring their A game from here on in and get some players healthy

Win over Wolves tomorrow sends them to Wembley for the semi-final. Wolves is a good team so it will be a fight.

Last edited:

United laid an egg and played their worst game under Solskjar losing to Wolves 2-1. Well deserved win for a titan of English football who had struggled in obscurity over the last 20 years or so. Good to them back.

Lol, Chelsea. Sarri's inability to change anything up will be his undoing. He's keeps trotting out the same lineup that can't create real chances. They are officially Arsenal of 2 years ago. Without Hazard...........I'm not kidding when I say that Wolves and Watford are better teams. Not better talent, but better teams. By the way, I love watching Wolverhampton. They are a must watch for me this year. Fun team.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back