• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

SOCCER 2018-2019

United with a mid week draw with Burnley 2-2 and a win today 1-0 over Leicester City ate now 7-0-1 in the league and 2-0 in the FA Cup since Jose's departure

Ten games without a loss and nine of them wins is nothing short of astonishing

They sit tied on 48 points with Arsenal and just 2 points behind Chelsea and a CL spot in 4th place. They were 11 points adrift when Jose was fired. Thus have made up 9 points under Solskjar

Last edited:

United continues on in their quest to play Champions League Football with their tenth win in eleven matches (no losses and one draw) with a 3-0 win over Fulham. Now 8-0-1 in the league and 2-0 in the FA Cup under Solskjar.

They jumped over Chelsea by a point and sit fourth in the table. Chelsea with a tough match tomorrow vs City.

Last edited:
Up next for United vs PSG Tuesday 12 Feb in Leg 1 of the Round of 16 in the Champions League

Higuain already showing he is worth his transfer. Holds well. Links well considering he has no chemistry with anyone yet. Finds and creates his own shots. He's old, but very promising. No way Chelsea holds a CL spot without him. That was a definite. So, anything he adds is icing.

Higuain already showing he is worth his transfer. Holds well. Links well considering he has no chemistry with anyone yet. Finds and creates his own shots. He's old, but very promising. No way Chelsea holds a CL spot without him. That was a definite. So, anything he adds is icing.

With 13 league games left its going to be a sprint with four teams vying for two CL slots: United, Spurs, Chelsea and Aresnal. Should be fun.

With 13 league games left its going to be a sprint with four teams vying for two CL slots: United, Spurs, Chelsea and Aresnal. Should be fun.

Arsenal is dog poop. They are way too injured and way too salary constrained. The are Europa bound until they can unload some of their contracts (cough, Ozil). They have to develop some talent from their youth system. There is no chance that Kroenke is going to spend like the non-Spurs big 4. I see the CL being Pool, City, Spurs, and United. Spurs have the advantage of a few more points. They are limping without Kane and Alli, but finding a way to win in the last moments.

Arsenal are just abysmal defensively and if they can somehow sneak into a CL position, Emery will have earned his money. They need to take Mustafi out behind the shed and put him out of his misery. Their best CB is a guy coming back from a ruptured Achilles. Their best fullback (Bellerin, who isn't that good anyway) blew out his knee and so did Rob Holding at CB.

Arsenal is dog poop. They are way too injured and way too salary constrained. The are Europa bound until they can unload some of their contracts (cough, Ozil). They have to develop some talent from their youth system. There is no chance that Kroenke is going to spend like the non-Spurs big 4. I see the CL being Pool, City, Spurs, and United. Spurs have the advantage of a few more points. They are limping without Kane and Alli, but finding a way to win in the last moments.

Arsenal are just abysmal defensively and if they can somehow sneak into a CL position, Emery will have earned his money. They need to take Mustafi out behind the shed and put him out of his misery. Their best CB is a guy coming back from a ruptured Achilles. Their best fullback (Bellerin, who isn't that good anyway) blew out his knee and so did Rob Holding at CB.

Lot of teams 'limping' into the last third of the season. The EPL really has to implement a winter break. The season with all the various competitions is just to jam packed and a killer on the players. Liverpool when they won the CL a decade or so ago played 66 games that year with no break.

United is on one of those magical runs and I can only hope it continues. Going to get a bit tougher over the next few weeks but they have given themselves a chance and that is all you can ask for.

United

Chelsea down to City 2-0 in the first 13 minutes of the game and the second one was a thing of beauty

Sarri is a dead man walking. No shame in losing at the Eithad, but you gotta show up. Chelsea not showing up a lot this year. The Kante/Jorginho experiment is failing miserably. And if Hazard is out the door....

Sarri is a dead man walking. No shame in losing at the Eithad, but you gotta show up. Chelsea not showing up a lot this year. The Kante/Jorginho experiment is failing miserably. And if Hazard is out the door....

As is the next manager before he even accepts the job. They've just blew through 3 world-class managers*, assuming Sarri is done. Roman has to publicly support his manager over the players, and Sarri has to make the right changes. How many times have we seen this core of players decide to mail it in, either one game at a time, or one season at a time?

1. Jorginho is entirely nothing special. Chelsea could find 70 other guys in England alone who can do what he does. Why is he bulletproof? I start laughing when I think of the things Sergei Busquets does each game and compare that to Jorginho. Too ridiculous of an example? OK, then take a quick look at what Fernandinho accomplished during the same game, playing the same position. Jorginho is worthless. 2300 passes, 0 assists. 2 chances created. A grand total of 19 through balls completed all year. 91 passes per GAME and only 19 through balls all YEAR. And only 2 passes led to chances. Well, Jika, he must be a great defender? Nope. 47 total tackles.

2. The generation's best defensive midfielder has been playing in an advanced role all season. Kante can protect a back line better than anyone alive. The same Kante is a poor attacking midfielder. Care to guess where he's played all year? By the way, our attacking midfielder also has 47 tackles on the year. You want to know how freaking great N'Golo Kante is as a soccer player? Looking completely out of position, he still has 7 goals and 7 assists, all competitions.

3. Bench certain players and keep them there. And when they disrupt the locker room, you banish them to Pep's Yaya Toure island. Yes, I'm looking at you Willian. Take your ball and go away.

4. Rotate your squad. Competition for playing time at Chelsea is non-existent. It's why Hudson-Odoi is 100% in leaving the club. Chelsea goes on and buys the 4th best young U21 winger on the planet when they have #2 on the squad and don't play him. I'll let that sink in.

5. Chi is right. No shame in losing at the Etihad. But this same Chelsea team has shown it can be world-class, at times. They can't sustain it week-after-week simply because of the depth issues. The problem is, they have depth that they've failed to develop. Why any young player chooses to sign or stay with Chelsea is beyond me.

Either Hazard is part of the problem or he's old/experienced enough to see it for what it is. He's gone.

*Disclaimer
(I referred to Mourinho as a world-class manager, when in fact, he's a POS)

Chelsea is a disaster right now. It will not get any easier as they get Manchester United next Monday. They will either step it up after the beat down today or continue to fall.

Holy buckets, Aaron Ramsey got paid. I love Ramsey but am I missing something here? The highest salary ever of a British born player?

He’s a good box to box midfielder with a great work rate, but I’ve never felt he is exceptional at any facet of the game.

Wow

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back