• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

SOCCER 2018-2019

I think it will likely be him, I think he's the best choice, but it's still taken longer than ANY coaching search in history and with it taking this long I would have expected a world class hire as big as Sir Alex Ferguson ;);):Banana:

That has been the scuttlebutt for the last month or so. SLC folks confirmed

I have no problem with him I do with the horrendous way this was done

Fergie would have insisted the whole US Soccer Board be fired

Last edited:
:Sleep: That's pretty much my reaction to the hire. Hopefully he doesn't have a problem beating my extremely low expectations for US Soccer going forward.

:Sleep: That's pretty much my reaction to the hire. Hopefully he doesn't have a problem beating my extremely low expectations for US Soccer going forward.

Lot on his back. US Soccer is a disaster and the bulk if not all is on them.

Fan base he has to win back too

Eddie Johnson. What a clown. Anyone see the tweets about Jordan Morris?

So to sum up:

1. You are mad a player is making coin currently while you are retired.
2. You are mad you didn't make as much as him when salaries weren't what they are today.
3. You are mad because the local kid with fan appeal got a bigger contract than you did.
4. You are mad at a kid who has an MLS cup beside his name.
5. You call the kid a momma's boy because he's not playing in Europe, yet say you didn't play for Benfica when you could have.
6. You pull the race card.
7. You compare your soccer career to slavery.
8. You are disparaging a guy that has nothing to do with anything involving your career.

Go away, Eddie.

To start, I don't know why Eddie Johnson decided to go on his rant. Seems kind of random, and probably something that he had stirring inside of him for a while. He's obviously jealous/insecure about the money being thrown around at the MLS level now compared to the lack of money in his prime. Let's be honest, Eddie in his prime was better than Morris, but Eddie went way overboard. Probably should have kept his thoughts to himself, and probably ruined any chance he has of taking advantage of the increased popularity in MLS going forward. Also, Morris signing his contract is good for MLS, but IMO it's not good for the USMNT. There are lots of issues with the USMNT, but it's best players should be playing in Europe during their prime.

Last edited:
To start, I don't know why Eddie Johnson decided to go on his rant. Seems kind of random, and probably something that he had stirring inside of him for a while. He's obviously jealous/insecure about the money being thrown around at the MLS level now compared to the lack of money in his prime. Let's be honest, Eddie in his prime was better than Morris, but Eddie went way overboard. Probably should have kept his thoughts to himself, and probably ruined any chance he has of taking advantage of the increased popularity in MLS going forward. Also, Morris signing his contract is good for MLS, but IMO it's not good for the USMNT. There are lots of issues with the USMNT, but it's best players should be playing in Europe during their prime.

I'm guessing it was the Raheem Sterling incident that triggered this from EJ, though I haven't seen the tweets

Chelsea back from the dead somehow beats City.

Am I the only one not impressed with Jorginho? Somehow they convinced Kante to an extension. Am I the only one who thinks playing the world's best defensive midfielder in an attacking role is ridiculous? I get Sarri's system, but it's a shame to waste a generational defensive mid in his prime.

US Soccer is now doomed to mediocrity in a region they should soar above others, aka everyone but Mexico. I view this hiring to be almost as bad as the hiring of Mike Reilly, guess I'll have to hope in 3yrs I get a Frostesque hire after we fail to make 2 WCs in a row

US Soccer is now doomed to mediocrity in a region they should soar above others, aka everyone but Mexico. I view this hiring to be almost as bad as the hiring of Mike Reilly, guess I'll have to hope in 3yrs I get a Frostesque hire after we fail to make 2 WCs in a row

I agree 100%

Fourteen months to hire an at best average coach on an average team.

Its almost like the fix was in....almost....

Gulati and his Deputy now successor and what they are....

Last edited:

Shouldn't be much of a surprise, but Jose Mourinho is out at Man U. While I appreciate what he did at Chelsea (more so in his first stint), I would really question the sanity of an EPL front office that decides to bring him in going forward.

Shouldn't be much of a surprise, but Jose Mourinho is out at Man U. While I appreciate what he did at Chelsea (more so in his first stint), I would really question the sanity of an EPL front office that decides to bring him in going forward.

RR, what was your prediction? 3 years? Soooo close.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back