• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

So you’re Scott Frost....

1A Duval

1B Duval

1C Duval

Antiquated program needs to be sunsetted along with the professor.
The issue is Duval isn’t going anywhere. Zach is to Boyd what Frost is to TO, one of his star pupils.

Duval was told he was getting the Nebraska job by Boyd whenever Riley was hired, for them to let Riley hire his guy in Philip in the end.

Held is too involved in our recruiting to pull the rug.

Ruud may be on my list, but he hasn’t had as much talent to coach. Some could argue that he’s done more with less than any other coach on our staff.

At the end of the day, it needs to be made known to all that nobody’s job is safe if they don’t perform.

lets be honest. Greg Austin is likely not the one insisting on sticking with a center who can't snap the ball. he definitely could coach better, but the o-linemen not being strong enough in the B1G despite being highly rated is not necessarily all his fault.
Frost could fire him and hire Bill Callahan, but Bill can't make wide receivers get separation. Bill can't make the quarterback throw with proper timing. Bill can't force all players to prepare well during the week, instead of complaining about poor preparation after the fact.
And Bill could attract talent but couldn't pull everything together will his staff. Bill was a dork.

That’s what I’ve heard. I don’t know the guy and none in my circle are close to him, but rumors are that he absolutely loves Iowa State and it would be very, very hard for anyone to pry him away.

Yep, and if anyone does pry him away it isn't going to be another school with a similar recruiting landscape, in a tougher league, and with five times the expectations and pressure. It will either be the NFL or a place like OSU, Penn State, or Michigan, ect.

Nebraska isn't hiring any HC from another Power Five job unless it's a situation like Mike Riley, where they refused to extend his contract and he was going into a season where it was likely his last.

The issue is Duval isn’t going anywhere. Zach is to Boyd what Frost is to TO, one of his star pupils.

Duval was told he was getting the Nebraska job by Boyd whenever Riley was hired, for them to let Riley hire his guy in Philip in the end.

Held is too involved in our recruiting to pull the rug.

Ruud may be on my list, but he hasn’t had as much talent to coach. Some could argue that he’s done more with less than any other coach on our staff.

At the end of the day, it needs to be made known to all that nobody’s job is safe if they don’t perform.
And if that is the case, we will continue to struggle being the least athletic team on the field every week.

As *** has stated a few times, Duval locked in his 9th losing season over the last 11 years. Think about that for a moment. NOBODY keep his job with that level of success, or lack thereof.

I understand you are friends with him, so I understand your partial defense of Duval. But if Scott is going to hitch his wagons to Duval, he will die on the vine with him, unfortunately. I don't think I can find anyone who can say Duval is actually a strength to this coaching staff. Anyone honest at least.

Last edited:

If I was Frost, I would find a fishing hole a long ways away where no one is,
Clear your head, regroup, hit it hard again on Monday

Then a bunch of people will say that Matt Campbell wasn't fishing so clearly he cares more.

And if that is the case, we will continue to struggle being the least athletic team on the field every week.

As *** has stated a few times, Duval locked in his 9th losing season over the last 11 years. Think about that for a moment. NOBODY keep his job with that level of success, or lack thereof.

I understand you are friends with him, so I understand your partial defense of Duval. But if Scott is going to hitch his wagons to Duval, he will die on the vine with him, unfortunately. I don't think I can find anyone who can say Duval is actually a strength to this coaching staff. Anyone honest at least.
Oh don’t get me wrong, I don’t think what we’re doing is working either.

I just look at our defensive front 7 and you can’t disagree that they’re stout against the run and they’ve accomplished their goal of not getting pushed around.

Where I struggle and am critical is our skill position players. I get they want Husker power tendencies but you can’t recruit speed and then make them slower and less flexible. There has to be a way to blend the 2, we just haven’t figured out how to do it yet.

Oh don’t get me wrong, I don’t think what we’re doing is working either.

I just look at our defensive front 7 and you can’t disagree that they’re stout against the run and they’ve accomplished their goal of not getting pushed around.

Where I struggle and am critical is our skill position players. I get they want Husker power tendencies but you can’t recruit speed and then make them slower and less flexible. There has to be a way to blend the 2, we just haven’t figured out how to do it yet.
You and I are on the same page. We just can't continue doing this one size fits all approach. Duval is selling 1990 Hyundai's and the rest of the country is selling 2020 sports cars.

Last edited:
Wasn’t it not that long ago that there was speculation that Zac Taylor was going to recruit Austin to his staff in Cincy?

Just saw in the Rutger/Purdue game how the power game is still more than viable.

Scott: Please think about how 1997 worked. There are times for the Oregon offense. But, the 1993/94/95/97 philosophy still works.

Don't get so cute.

Whoever is coaching center snaps.............three years of "jump balls."

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back