• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked So who will Carl hire?

Status
Not open for further replies.
There won't be anyone on the current staff that would be interested in the pay cut they'd have to take. Carl took a HEAD COACH job and his salary didn't go up much. Imagine what the assistant salaries will be.

Yes. The only thing I've seen so far is Carl said he was satisfied with the pool made available to hire the nine assistants.

Carl had fun yesterday and today the 500 + stack of voicemails and emails hit him. Be careful what you ask for.

Not coaching in the Capital One bowl was a difficult decision. I hope they understand that now my first priority has to be to get off and running at FAU. Bo understands that.

I have to hire nine assistants and don't have much time.

defensively I want someone familiar with our system. offensively I like what Tim does on offense. Exciting throwing game, screen game, balanced throwing. Talked about Tim a lot, hmmmmmmmmmmm.

I don't plan on being the DC or OC but I will be involved in both meeting rooms and special teams.

hopefully no one leaves unless we are sure an offensive coach would be replaced by someone like Gill or Frost.

Turner Gill wont be coaching in 2012, he has 3-years and $6 million still owed to him. I believe taking another job would void what is owed to him. Although hiring Gill as QB coach and Recruiting Coordinator would be a great addition to the staff.

As far as Scott Frost, that too is unlikely. Pelini interviewed Frost last year when he had staff openings on the offense to fill. Pelini wanted him as his WR coach, but Frost stated that he would not leave Oregon (where he is their WR coach) unless it meant becoming a coordinator. Frost would be a great addition to the staff, though. His Oregon background would greatly benefit Beck and the Husker offense. Nebraska's offense mirrors that of the Ducks' in many ways and Nebraska clearly tries to take a lot from what Oregon does and tweak it to their own. If Papuchis is promoted, perhaps Pelini offers Frost the tiltes of QB coach/Co-Offensive Coordinator/Recruiting Coordinator. It would also have to come with a pay bump, as Frost is well paid at Oregon. Frost has a base salary of $130,000 at Oregon, and with bonuses could earn as much as $435,193. He earned $234,266.67 in 2009-10. Tim Beck is paid a base salary of $345,000, I am unsure if he has any bonuses to supplament that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back