• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

So Supreme Court taking up paying players

Status
Not open for further replies.

Walztrent

Red Shirt
2 Year Member
To me this would help Nebraska more than it will hurt it. Not sure if we can pay Alabama money for players but pretty positive we be in the top ten or even five. What do u guys think

so if players are no longer amateur, and are considered paid employees does that mean the quotas placed on schools for mens vs womens headcount go away?

I just disagree with paying players who are all ready getting a scholly and free room and board. I know I will get blasted for that and that players put in more time effort and engery into the programs and the university makes money off them etc which I get. However can you really put a price on an education these day. Coming away from college debt free from a major university has its merits.

Who knows anymore? Ya talking standard head counts or Dem head counts?
so according to title ix, that applies to gender discrimination in the school system that receives federal funding (shocker all schools do...). if thats the case, then they are no longer student athletes. if their not students anymore, then title ix is no longer applicable.

also, lets say it still is applicable because the athletic department is run by school officials. i could totally see the athletic departments in power5 seperating from their respective schools and no longer providing scholarships since they now pay the athletes. they can license the name from the university but they would be separate entities and again sports that are not profitable get cut. we all know that most college sports dont make any money, but thats especially true for womens sports. i just can't see how paying athletes is best for people in question.

Last edited:

I just disagree with paying players who are all ready getting a scholly and free room and board. I know I will get blasted for that and that players put in more time effort and engery into the programs and the university makes money off them etc which I get. However can you really put a price on an education these day. Coming away from college debt free from a major university has its merits.
abosolutely agree, i paid my way thru college a little at a time, it took me 8 years but i got my degree. my sister got loans and grants, she incurred 15 years of debt payments. ppl just dont appreciate debt free things anymore

abosolutely agree, i paid my way thru college a little at a time, it took me 8 years but i got my degree. my sister got loans and grants, she incurred 15 years of debt payments. ppl just dont appreciate debt free things anymore
Im in the same boat and went through the same. Payed my way with loans and grants and everything else. Ate on the cheap and worked to make up the difference

Most schools have only one profitable sport. A few might have two. How many schools actually have a self supporting athletic department? We better find some deep pockets boosters or a lot of sports will have to be discontinued.

Agre or disagree I think it’s going to happen in some shape. Wether it be they pay them out right or help them market themselves to make money. In some ways this sucks but in the end I think it will help Nebraska More than it hurts them.

So if we pay players, does that mean they will sign a contract for x years? Will teams be able to trade players? Will there be a salary cap?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back