• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

So...Mo Washington?

When the judge asks MW why he kept such a video for such a long time, he will have to answer that question. For all of us. And when he's asked why he sent it to the girl/victim, he will have to answer that too. None of the answers are from a high character perspective with good, wholesome intentions. What MW has already 'lost' is my respect and the respect of probably a few others as an individual. He can earn that back by demonstrating the opposite in behavior.

Good points and I agree 100%. It's that "demonstrating the opposite in behavior" that becomes the tough one. His situation is a heckler's dream. Imagine the crap coming out of the stands in opposing stadiums (or maybe even our stadium) when Mo passes the sideline (if he makes it out of this and returns). Of course, the hope is that with good guidance and role models, he will learn that the way back involves contrition, humility, and a sense of responsibility for his actions. It could truly be a life changing experience for him (and for the better) if he can view this in that light. As far as my own respect for Mo, I'm still watching. Young people do make crazy stupid mistakes. Some young people use those as impetus for growth and become outstanding people. Certainly if he ends up in the latter category, he'll earn my respect.

Last edited:
Good points and I agree 100%. It's that "demonstrating the opposite in behavior" that becomes the tough one. His situation is a heckler's dream. Imagine the crap coming out of the stands in opposing stadiums (or maybe even our stadium) when Mo passes the sideline (if he makes it out of this and returns). Of course, the hope is that with good guidance and role models, he will learn that the way back involves contrition, humility, and a sense of responsibility for his actions. It could truly be a life changing experience for him (and for the better) if he can view this in that light. As far as my own respect for Mo, I'm still watching. Young people do make crazy stupid mistakes. Some young people use those as impetus for growth and become outstanding people. Certainly if he ends up in the latter category, he'll earn my respect.

I think this would actually make for difficult heckling fodder.

At best: "You can't handle rejection from a woman! You can't be friends with an ex!"

"Hey jerk! You sent a video of your ex-GF having relations with a bunch of guys that may or may not have been consentual!" just doesn't roll off the tongue.

I think this will blow over and be much ado about nothing.

Talking about the Hecklers dream. What exactly would they say? "Hey Mo send me a video?" He did not do the actual rape/assault. No one is even trying to claim he was involved. What he did was bad. In the end it is far less than what LP, Christian, or any number of other players did. He never physically touched anyone. Now I am not by any stretch a fan of what he did. However players have done MUCH worse and played again. Ray lewis was accused of murder.

I hope you guys are right. I’ve heard some pretty vile stuff along sidelines. Luckily, with non-response, it should blow over sooner than later, but I do think as part of his return strategy (if he gets to use one) he needs to prepare himself for the worst.

I think this would actually make for difficult heckling fodder.

At best: "You can't handle rejection from a woman! You can't be friends with an ex!"

"Hey jerk! You sent a video of your ex-GF having relations with a bunch of guys that may or may not have been consentual!" just doesn't roll off the tongue.

I think this will blow over and be much ado about nothing.

Doc, when did you last spend time around a throng of half drunk, unsupervised 19 year olds? :Shout: :Lol:

We are confident it will be a misdemeanor if he keeps doing the right things and shows up when he’s supposed to. Timeline is the biggest question mark right now.

Absent something factoring into the decision that shouldn’t, assuming he does what is expected and doesn’t do anything else that results in a criminal charge, I’d have a hard time believing it would be anything else.

Not that long ago, but, If it isn't clever, don't bother.

Neither clever, nor appropriate for this venue but there is a lot more there than you'd ever imagine (take that as a compliment - you seem to be a decent person).

Last edited:
Neither clever, nor appropriate for this venue but there is a lot more there than you'd ever imagine (take that as a compliment - you seem to be a decent person).

The cleverest thing I ever thought of was at a Nebraska-Oklahoma State basketball game. As students, we were pretty close to the court. Eddie Sutton was the coach, his son Sean was playing, as was Big Country.

I yelled at Sean Sutton, "I heard your mom slept with the coach to get you to play!"

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back