• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

So let’s tap the brakes a bit...

Tap the brakes, looked like a football team locked them up. I see nothing from our QB’s that would want to make me not want to load the box, except for putting 3 defenders in the middle of the field 8 yards past line of scrimmage taking away the only pass our team seems to be able to complete, the short over the middle to a TE. The team does not need a spark from a second year player, they need a spark from a coaching staff that will hold a center accountable for holding and a snap chart that resembles Joe Bauserman passing chart(referencing a post by *** in. Freshmen bingo thread,)

They can load the box and only rush 4. 4 rushers were getting to the quarterback in 2 seconds or less. We are a mess on the o line. Not much you can do on offense if you can’t block.

It is simply not working out I see Nebraska going 0-4 down the stretch. Unless Scott makes wholesale changes and is willing to revamp everything. I am talking about getting rid of pretty much everyone. Changing the Offense for the BIG.

Back in our glory days it was a rarity for a Freshman, Redshirt Freshman or Sophomore to see playing time. I can see these underclassmen contributing but, when a significant share of your starters are Freshmen & Sophomores you can expect inconsistency. Unfortunately, almost half of our 2018 recruiting class has left. We really do need to get old and stay old but that's going to take a couple of years. That said, I definitely thought the effort could and should've been better. Illinois came to play. We looked like we'd bought into the 15 point spread garbage.
We will only get old and stay old developing that talent. Not by replacing them with younger.

At a minimum I was expecting a disciplined and organized team that loses because they are outmatched but that's not what's happening.

This. And we've seen zero progress in that regard.

Inconceivable.jpg

It is simply not working out I see Nebraska going 0-4 down the stretch. Unless Scott makes wholesale changes and is willing to revamp everything. I am talking about getting rid of pretty much everyone. Changing the Offense for the BIG.
Not to nit-pick, but only have 3 games left. Lose one and we've got losing season #3 under Frost. My crystal ball says we end up 1-6.

I like Frost a lot and believe he wants only the best for us - but I'm beginning to wonder if he sort of "caught lightning in a bottle" at UCF and it all happened so quickly that we had an opening - we all got caught up in his success and he might well have been better off staying there and continuing to build that program and then, after 3-5 years of continuous success he would have been more ready to come home and coach in the BIG. In other words, did we all - including Scott himself, get caught up in something without really looking into the situation as thorough as we could have?

I like Frost a lot and believe he wants only the best for us - but I'm beginning to wonder if he sort of "caught lightning in a bottle" at UCF and it all happened so quickly that we had an opening - we all got caught up in his success and he might well have been better off staying there and continuing to build that program and then, after 3-5 years of continuous success he would have been more ready to come home and coach in the BIG. In other words, did we all - including Scott himself, get caught up in something without really looking into the situation as thorough as we could have?
Yes
And yes we had to take him when he was available Home town boy returns was a great story but as we have all witnessed HCSF and staff were not ready for the jump and 2 -3 more years at UCF would have probably been the perfect recipe for HCSF and Nebraska's future

I don’t think we need to rewrite his UCF narrative. He and his team achieved something great there.

Success in one place doesn’t mean success somewhere else. He can be a significant part of the undefeated UCF’s success and also not be the right fit at Nebraska.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back