• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

So let’s tap the brakes a bit...

We went -5 in turnover margin and that doesn't include the "fake" punt fiasco. Even Bama would struggle to beat a team at -6 in turnover margin. Take care of the ball and we are just a smoldering dumpster fire rather than a full-on inferno.

Last edited:

Someone should have told Steve to tap the brakes many years ago. Let’s go back and try the **exact** same recipe prior to the “fall”

doubtful. Illinois sucks
I'm just looking at his trendline:

1606014235121.png

We went -5 in turnover margin and that doesn't include the "fake" punt fiasco. Even Bama would struggle to beat a team at -6 in turnover margin. Take care of the ball and we are just a smoldering dumpster fire rather than a full-on inferno.

do u mean dumster?

Last week was arguably a little blip above the trend line and there were good things that happened and I'm typically happy to put a positive spin on those and hope here we go! Especially because I feel no need to be anything other than a supportive fan until the evaluation period is really coming to a close. That won't be til the end of next year in the worst case scenario.

He's going to have to at least have a .500 season next year. As of right now there's not a lot of reason to think that will happen, but it might. We'll see.

Back in our glory days it was a rarity for a Freshman, Redshirt Freshman or Sophomore to see playing time. I can see these underclassmen contributing but, when a significant share of your starters are Freshmen & Sophomores you can expect inconsistency. Unfortunately, almost half of our 2018 recruiting class has left. We really do need to get old and stay old but that's going to take a couple of years. That said, I definitely thought the effort could and should've been better. Illinois came to play. We looked like we'd bought into the 15 point spread garbage.

Hard to tap the brakes when in our last 10 games, we've won exactly 2. 1 was against a winless team and the other was against a 1 win Maryland team. We are winning 20% of games and only against the very bottom of the barrel in the conference. I don't think we can afford to fire another coach. We've done too much of that. But, this is a new low for Nebraska football. I really hope Frost can figure it out. We certainly aren't seeing any progress on the field.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back