• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

So. Jaz Shelley (#1) transfer

I read where Sophomore Jaz Shelly will play on the 2021 Aussie National Team in the Asia Cup late this month and early Oct.

:Mfclap::Mfclap::Mfclap:

She has been on the Aussie teams since 2015 and was on the gold medal team that upset the USA team at the 2016 FIBA under 17 team. She had 23 pts in the upset semi final game against the USA.

Last edited:

1632503312536.png

GUARD
Height:
1.75cm / 5ft 9in
Date of Birth: May13, 2000

Opportunity knocks for the guard as Australia hand out spots to those who are coming through the ranks and with arguably least depth in the backcourt moving forward, Shelley could have a shot at becoming a regular at senior level. Certainly her track record at the youth level has been fantastic. She was part of the history-making Sapphires team that won the FIBA U17 Women’s Basketball World Cup and then also reached the Final of the FIBA U19 Women’s Basketball World Cup in Thailand two years ago. Her skills were recognized by Oregon and she participated in a highly successful program with the Ducks and has now opted to transfer to the University of Nebraska for the forthcoming season. She can certainly score and if she makes good decisions on the floor, she can make life difficult for opponents.

Australia taking on New Zealand tonight for a spot in the semi final!

EDIT: Australia - 72; New Zealand - 61
Next-Up - Japan

1633020329490.png

:Cheer2::Cheer2: :Cheer2: :Cheer2: :Cheer2::Cheer2:

-------------------------------------------------
I think the Australian team has a lot of pro level players, a couple WNBA with most of the rest Aussie pro team players. Only a couple are college players; one is Shelly who is the youngest on their team. (I think we've got a good one here! :Cheer2:)

Attachments

• 1633019283381.png
    1633019283381.png
    7.9 KB · Views: 105
Last edited:
Japan advances to the Finals, defeating Australia 67-65.

Next-Up: Semi-Final vs Japan (@6:00 am Central Time, Sat, Oct 2 (I Think :Redface:) on ESPN Plus)

1633051920844.png

Last edited:

Sorry but I think this is premium content. :Redface:

Shelley has become arguably NU’s first true point guard since Rachel Theriot. Hannah Whitish and Haiby have capably filled the role since, but Haiby in particular is a natural scorer. Shelley can do that — she’s shooting 54% from the floor and 3-point range — but she’s equally comfortable in the distribution role. Shelley can run the floor when needed or gear back into a half-court offense, which is one reason her assist-to-turnover ratio is 5-to-1.
Thank NU leading scorer Isabelle Bourne for that. She and Shelley were close friends on the Australian club basketball circuit, and remained so even when Shelley began her career with the Ducks. When Shelley decided to leave UO — where she was the lone Australian — Bourne stumped hard for the Huskers, whose coaching staff had tried to lure Shelley two years before.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back