• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

So It's Late June....What Have You Been Listening Too?

Red Reign

Husker Immortal
15 Year Member
Hot sunny summer days and more time to listen to music and some great stuff showing up in my mail box this past Friday from some Kickstater/Pledge campaigns I was involved in. I love this movement in making music as the musicians get to make the music they want and the fans get CDs that are light years better than they would from a major label. I have to say I have yet to get a bad record from this new way of producing music. Its great for the artist and the fans. Win-win. :)

Steve Hindalong 'The Warbler'
Will not see a public release until this coming Friday 1 July but those of us who pledged got it a week a head of time and signed by Steve. Steve is the drummer and lyricist for the iconic band The Choir. This is only his second solo album and first since 1998. Its an amazing record to say the least. Highly recommend it. You can get it from The Choir's website (http://thechoir.net/) or iTunes this coming Friday.

The Choir 'Live And on The Wing In Music City' (CD/DVD). So this was given in digital format in 2014 to those of us who pledged for the band last studio album 'Shadow Weaver'. In its original release it was everything from music to banter with the crowd and each other. The band decided to see if the fans were willing to pledge to make it a CD and DVD and thus it became a reality and was sent to us last week. Now the Cd is edited and a different mix in order to get all of the show on one CD. The DVD is the unedited version of the show like the original digital download. Anyway what a great concert that shows this band at its very best. Steve Hindalong's brilliant lyrics laid on top of the ambient guitar driven music of lead singer/ guitarist Derri Daugherty. The bands first official live CD (two authorized electric and acoustic bootleg releases from Cornerstone were released in 2000 by the promoters of the festival) after 30 years of recording. Anyway wonderful stuff and also highly recommended.

The Seventy Sevens '20 Years Gone'
One of the great cult bands of the last 20 years who still have a rabid fan base that supports their music and live shows. The band went from a 4 piece to a 3 piece in 1995 and the direction of the music went to a heavier bluesier sound. Thus tis collection of 19 songs is packed by the band from the past 20 years. It includes 8 alternate mixes and two songs that the band backed other singers. If you do not know Michael Roe you should. One of the most gifted and under the radar guitar players in the business. Even better is he is a tremendous singer and brilliant song writer. All of that is on display on this wonderful release. he band intended it as a gift ot their fans thus making it a digital release with only 200 CDs pressed. If you interested you can get it here now:
http://the77s.bandcamp.com/album/20-years-gone

Hellyeah 'Unden!able'
So this is a store bought album. In your face heavy metal with no frills. Metal has become so formula like everything else out there which makes this album so much more special. Love this one. :)

So this is the only song on line from the new album which will be released this coming Friday.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back