• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

So, 6 games left, 4 @home

Husker In Oklahoma

All American
20 Year Member
I’ll take a stab

Northwestern, W
Michigan, W
@Minnesota, W
Purdue, W
Ohio State, L
@Wisconsin, W
Iowa, W

Yeah, I know, far fetched for sure. This is a good team. Good enough to do just that. I just have to keep thinking the curse of ways to lose has to change. I mean, I’m not sure I’ve seen any one team hit so hard with all these issues, repeatedly. It has to finally turn, doesn’t it? It’s a very competitive team we have here, something I personally have been waiting for. Me personally, I see improvement, it’s right there. It’s a sloppy team still, and that’s hard for me to shake. I’m big on fundamentals, but I swear, this is like a texasing curse. It so is. It’s multiple coaches, over a decade of it. It has to turn. Dear Lord, please exercise these demons now, as of 9-26-21.

Last edited:

We played two rated teams on the road and had a chance to win. The defense is terrific. Martinez has played well, though running for his life all the time leads to some misses. But we all know that continued penalties, poor offensive line play, and horrible special teams are a recipe for a loss against anybody good.

Northwestern, Michigan, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Iowa are not know to beat themselves with penalties and special teams. While we can win those games, it's undeniable that we have a way to lose with penalties and special teams.

So, sure, we can win all those games. And we can lose them. Evidence is pretty clear about what will happen.

You still drunk from last night HIO? :Lol:
In all seriousness here, I’ve been vocal on here, but this team is highly competitive, something we haven’t seen. I just gotta think eventually, these blunders are gonna level out. Law of averages right? I think NU is going to crush Northwestern, and upset Michigan. We’ll see, but to me, a harsh critic, I haven’t seen a team like this in a while at NU, if you can look beyond the miscues. This team should be 5-0 man.

I’ll take a stab

Northwestern, W
Michigan, W
@Minnesota, W
Purdue, W
Ohio State, L
@Wisconsin, W
Iowa, W
:Rolf::Rolf::Rolf::Rolf::Rolf::Rolf:

However slight hope, 1000:1 chance. IMMEDIATELY fired SF, Lubick and Austin.

Trev will be an interim HC. Just like Barry Alvarez. He has served as interim head coach, 2013 and 2015.

I’ll take a stab

Northwestern, W
Michigan, W
@Minnesota, W
Purdue, W
Ohio State, L
@Wisconsin, W
Iowa, W

Yeah, I know, far fetched for sure. This is a good team. Good enough to do just that. I just have to keep thinking the curse of ways to lose has to change. I mean, I’m not sure I’ve seen any one team hit so hard with all these issues, repeatedly. It has to finally turn, doesn’t it? It’s a very competitive team we have here, something I personally have been waiting for. Me personally, I see improvement, it’s right there. It’s a sloppy team still, and that’s hard for me to shake. I’m big on fundamentals, but I swear, this is like a texasing curse. It so is. It’s multiple coaches, over a decade of it. It has to turn. Dear Lord, please exercise these demons now, as of 9-26-21.
Man I hope so, but Illinois is 1-4 with losses to teams we’ve barely heard of. I think we have a chance to win 2, could win em all, but could easily see us lose all of them and get 6 False Starts or Holdings per game with a top 25 Defense and bottom 5 Special Teams

In all seriousness here, I’ve been vocal on here, but this team is highly competitive, something we haven’t seen. I just gotta think eventually, these blunders are gonna level out. Law of averages right? I think NU is going to crush Northwestern, and upset Michigan. We’ll see, but to me, a harsh critic, I haven’t seen a team like this in a while at NU, if you can look beyond the miscues. This team should be 5-0 man.

I hear you. I love the defense, they're legit. We probably haven't had a defense this good since 2009.

But it's tough to look past the miscues when they're literally the same week after week. We won't win with any consistency until we're functional in all three phases of the game. I said functional because with this defense we don't need to be great on offense and STs, we just need to be somewhere around average.

Man I hope so, but Illinois is 1-4 with losses to teams we’ve barely heard of. I think we have a chance to win 2, could win em all, but could easily see us lose all of them and get 6 False Starts or Holdings per game with a top 25 Defense and bottom 5 Special Teams
If NU loses all of them, they will have a new coach. That’s certain. If they win 2, I’m not sure that will cut it either. It’s capable of beating all of them. With this team, I see a highly competitive team. They need a win. The losses like that will take their toll.

I think we'll be lucky to win 2 more games, barring some miracle where Frost and Lubick move to predominantly roll-outs in the passing game and trying to get more creative with the run game (focusing on whatever works around how much the line sucks . . . whatever that is).

There's just no rhyme or reason to the offense. We call drop-back pass after drop-back pass with a line that can't block if their lives depended on it and a QB who struggles with throws far more than any other 4th year starter I have ever seen. Can't believe this offense is so inept with 4 years under their belts and all the offensive "minds" we have at the expense of a ST coach.

There are 2 wins left on that schedule if our special teams and O line play the way they did yesterday. Benhart graded a 0, yes 0, on pass plays yesterday. That's just....wow.

I hear you. I love the defense, they're legit. We probably haven't had a defense this good since 2009.

But it's tough to look past the miscues when they're literally the same week after week. We won't win with any consistency until we're functional in all three phases of the game. I said functional because with this defense we don't need to be great on offense and STs, we just need to be somewhere around average.
Trust me I understand. At this point, I’m weighing out the negatives of getting yet another coach. I mean, is NU close to really turning a corner? If so, you have to hold, have to. What if it canned Frost, and it was about to explode? What if it kept Frost, and we all saw even more of the same? What if it made yet another bad hire? All these things, oh man. I just don’t know in this situation.

It’s really a tough spot. I think a reasonable person right now could look at this in depth, and be like, damn, they should be 5-0. It’s so close to being very solid. They only lose because of their own issues. You couldn’t say that the past 3 years. The team is pretty solid, but yet, just can’t seem to get out of its own way.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back