• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Snowfall

Absolutely love the show. It started a little slow but picked up quickly. Season 3 was awesome, but I'm worried about if the show can keep up the quality with John Singleton dying.
Agreed. The first 2-3 episodes were a little slow, but getting to know Teddy/Reed, Franklin, Oso, etc. has been interesting. I didn't know much about the show going into it other than it had to do with coke/crack in the inner city, but I really like how it's been blended in with the war in Nicaragua, the inter-agency conflicts and so on.

Is season four due out soon? It keeps saying Snowfall will return 2020. Is it a late-year show?

Agreed. The first 2-3 episodes were a little slow, but getting to know Teddy/Reed, Franklin, Oso, etc. has been interesting. I didn't know much about the show going into it other than it had to do with coke/crack in the inner city, but I really like how it's been blended in with the war in Nicaragua, the inter-agency conflicts and so on.

Is season four due out soon? It keeps saying Snowfall will return 2020. Is it a late-year show?

I'm so out of whack when it comes to shows returning at this point. If I remember correctly, pre Covid I believe it was a spring/summer show.

I remember when I was in middle school or high school and watched Boyz N The Hood for the first time. When Tre's dad starts pontificating about the CIA supplying crack to the inner cities, I remember saying what BS that was. Oops. My apologies, John Singleton.

I remember when I was in middle school or high school and watched Boyz N The Hood for the first time. When Tre's dad starts pontificating about the CIA supplying crack to the inner cities, I remember saying what BS that was. Oops. My apologies, John Singleton.
Well, it's the same guy, just telling a prequel in series form to his movie. LOL

Actually, I think an objective documentary the actual story would be pretty fascinating to see.

Well, it's the same guy, just telling a prequel in series form to his movie. LOL

Actually, I think an objective documentary the actual story would be pretty fascinating to see.

Oh I know, but I thought the first time I heard that story it was complete crap. A few years ago, the CIA finally admitted to doing it.

Oh I know, but I thought the first time I heard that story it was complete crap. A few years ago, the CIA finally admitted to doing it.
Yeah, sometimes the truth is really out there. I'm into season 3. What I like about well-written shows is that my mind drifts into the setting of the show even when I'm not watching it. This happened with Bosch too. I'm not super interested in living in LA, but I could almost smell their police precinct, could feel the breeze on his porch, etc. If the writers do a good job with the setting/ambiance, even complex stories are easier to follow.

On Snowfall, I can feel the heat that comes off the street. I can imagine the noise around the area...

Are you sure?
Webb’s story made the extraordinary claim that the Central Intelligence Agency was responsible for the crack cocaine epidemic in America. What he lacked was the extraordinary proof. But at first, the claim was enough. Webb’s story became notable as the first major journalism cause celebre on the newly emerging Internet. The black community roiled in anger at the supposed CIA perfidy. Then it all began to come apart. The New York Times, The Washington Post and the Los Angeles Times, in a rare show of unanimity, all wrote major pieces knocking the story down for its overblown claims and undernourished reporting.

Finally, in April 1989, the U.S. Senate subcommittee on terrorism, narcotics and international operations, chaired by Sen. John Kerry (D-Mass.), weighed in. After an exhaustive three-year investigation, the committee’s report concluded that CIA officials were aware of the smuggling activities of some of their charges who supported the contras, but it stopped short of implicating the agency directly in drug dealing.

...a 1998 report by CIA Inspector General Frederick Hitz.....Significantly, the report found no CIA relationship with the drug ring Webb had written about.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back