• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Snow

We measured 13.5 inches at a level spot in our back yard here in Lincoln. Pretty much done, maybe some flurries left. But wind is now picking up. Had to go out to snowblow 3 times and will do a 4th tomorrow morning.

Nice part is, you'll get a bit more tomorrow night/Wednesday morning -- kind of frosting for your snow cake. :Corn2:

I got caught in that 1949 storm with my mom and dad when I was 3 1/2 years old. Our car got stuck just across the bridge into Nebraska from Yankton. We had to try to walk across the combination bridge back to Yankton in the storm with dad carrying me. Mom said we'd have never made it, but the only car they'd seen for an hour picked us up.

Lincoln was officially at 13 inches as of 6PM -- and it's continued to snow since then (still is as of midnight).

1/25/2021 will rank as the 2nd most snow ever recorded in one day in Lincoln, Nebraska.

Looks like everything that was cancelled today will be cancelled again tomorrow.

Lincoln was officially at 13 inches as of 6PM -- and it's continued to snow since then (still is as of midnight).

1/25/2021 will rank as the 2nd most snow ever recorded in one day in Lincoln, Nebraska.

Looks like everything that was cancelled today will be cancelled again tomorrow.
That would have made more sense for us here in Salina. When I ran at 3:30 pm today, my son's school would have been out for almost an hour. It had been finished raining for about 2 hours, and snow finally started coming down about 7 minutes into the run. I came across zero ice on any surface that I ran on. There might be a half inch on the ground now. Easily could have had a game today as scheduled.

Lincoln airport 14.5" officially. I measured 15.2" in far east Lincoln where I'm recouping from surgery

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210126-011809_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210126-011809_Chrome.jpg
    549 KB · Views: 45
That's incredible for anywhere -- for Central NC, that's mindblowing.

Especially because all of the models were saying maybe an inch or two all day. On the air around 8 pm, they saw the updates and that the atmosphere was cold enough to be all snow and they flipped out. It was essentially a noreaster that was dumping a ton of moisture. I stayed up until 4 watching it like a little kid.

Living in the mid-south, folks either don't come in to work if there is a snowflake--stay home if it snows more than 1/2" in 1 day, everything closes down. However, they drive much more reckless and erratic when there is snow/ice on the roads. They think they will get home sooner--they will, but sometimes it's not to the "home" they've imagined!

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back