• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Smothers

With this oline Zach would have been killed. He was a great passer with zero mobility.
Agreed and believe Ganz would have been a good one for this offense. He had an ability of avoiding a sack and keeping his eyes down field. I don’t think he would have the numbers Martinez has though. What if’s are fun but we have Martinez and today Smothers.

Sure will be quit around here if Beau Davis shows up today, along with poor line play and little running game.
smothers will have Opportunities vs a beat up secondary. Expect the Hawkeyes to spy and key on Logan and force others to win this game. I’m not sure frost can refrain from throwing it around a bit.

Kid did pretty well for his first start.
He did well. Ran hard, was error free early. But the reports on his arm are absolutely accurate (per @ThrowFar60 ) and that is going to be a concern moving forward. Proud of his gutsiness and stepping in an adverse situation. But still lots of questions in that QB room, especially if AM is done.

Last edited:

if you can watch that game and think that Smothers is a competent passer, then I don't even know where to start. Clearly had extremely little downfield vision and pocket awareness. He was truly being treated with kid gloves by the game plan and play calls. Unless he develops, he can not start for a power 5 school, and since he has already been here 2 years - I'm skeptical. chances that he is the future at the position are extremely low

We need to aggressively recruit the portal. What was interesting/depressing was that I thought AM would have also lost this game by one score. Doesn’t seem to matter who our QB is. Maybe the problem is higher on the totem pole.

if you can watch that game and think that Smothers is a competent passer, then I don't even know where to start. Clearly had extremely little downfield vision and pocket awareness. He was truly being treated with kid gloves by the game plan and play calls. Unless he develops, he can not start for a power 5 school, and since he has already been here 2 years - I'm skeptical. chances that he is the future at the position are extremely low
yea I like the post from the first half where a certain AM hater commented on the Manning catch that was under thrown by 5 yards.

Poster said that would have never been a completion under AM. He might be right. The pass was so bad even the defender over ran it.

We need to aggressively recruit the portal. What was interesting/depressing was that I thought AM would have also lost this game by one score. Doesn’t seem to matter who our QB is. Maybe the problem is higher on the totem pole.
you think? This is not a quarterback problem. It’s an offense with line issues and no running game to take the pressure off the quarterback

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back