• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Smothers

Pops

I have squandered my resistance
15 Year Member
LOGAN SMOTHERS - What's not to like? Was a 4 star recruit out of Alabama. Top 15, dual threat QB in the country. Ran the 400 Meters in 51.34. Top 10 in Bama in the 60 yard dash. Honorable Mention All-State. High School coach, Cody Gross said "He is extremely explosive." A typical high school recruit right? But this is what I like about him. When he is in there he seems to be fired up, so he will have the energy and confidence, but the biggest thing we got going for us, is he has 4.0 g.p.a and wants to go Medical school. Will he be perfect? No way! But can we win with Logan Smothers? Yes, we can. May the STARS fall on the Alabama kid FRIDAY.

LOGAN SMOTHERS - What's not to like? Was a 4 star recruit out of Alabama. Top 15, dual threat QB in the country. Ran the 400 Meters in 51.34. Top 10 in Bama in the 60 yard dash. Honorable Mention All-State. High School coach, Cody Gross said "He is extremely explosive." A typical high school recruit right? But this is what I like about him. When he is in there he seems to be fired up, so he will have the energy and confidence, but the biggest thing we got going for us, is he has 4.0 g.p.a and wants to go Medical school. Will he be perfect? No way! But can we win with Logan Smothers? Yes, we can. May the STARS fall on the Alabama kid FRIDAY.

I anxiously await this opportunity for #8.
I watched him a lot after he committed, as they are right down the road. Very good speed, pretty elusive, and threw a pretty good ball….. especially rolling out….. during the many games I witnessed. If the game plan can be schemed to his strengths, whatever those are currently based on limited opportunities, it should be fun to watch.
GBR

Great post, Pops. Hoping he has a solid performance and that those around him step up. He doesn't need to be perfect, just be patient, take what's there, and don't give away the ball.

DD76D826-8946-4CAD-A87E-5B7CBAF99F00.jpeg

I'm hoping Frost will call plays to Smothers strengths! Don't try and turn him into a pocket passer when that's not what he's good at. I'm assuming stand up pocket passes is not his strength. Have him manage the game, lots of RPO's and use our running backs. Don't GIVE the game away with mistakes. We have a good defense and they need to step it up even more. Would be great to see all the kids leaving win their last game for DONU.

I would hope if Frost knows what Logans strengths are! Has he had a chance to show them? I feel he is the real deal. I thought his dad was his coach but I was wrong on that. Next man up!! I am excited to see what he has if he is the guy next year. He might struggle Friday and I think AM might have struggled also.

Great wheels . . . questionable arm. I don't think he's going to scare anyone with his passing. I'll be happy to eat crow, but he just seems like McCaffrey with a slightly better arm.

Great post Pops.

I’m excited to see what LS can do! I agree with all those that pointed out that a lot will depend on Frost and company playing/scheming to Logan’s strengths.

GBR!!

Last edited:
Lets play some smash mouth football on Friday just for ONCE!! Going to have to stick with the run game and stay with it assuming our D does it's job. IA has a miserable offense so we should keep it close and NOT gift points to them. My biggest concern is handing the game to them with critical mistakes, penalties and turnovers. It's a game we darn sure can win with good smart playing. We know IA is going to assume our offense will make key mistakes as we have been doing for years. Can our unspecial teams avoid hurting the team this game? Can we get some consistent punting? Frustrating to watch our defense do a good job only to see the game pizzed away by the offense and ST!

I believe Frost and company have an excellent opportunity to make statement, FINALLY beat a ranked team and finish the season on a positive.

His HS Stats have more passing yards than running so I'm hoping for a great performance from him.

"As a senior at Muscle Shoals, Smothers helped the team to a 12-1 record by passing for more than 2,000 yards and 27 touchdowns and rushing for more than 800 yards and 13 scores. For his efforts, Smothers was a second-team all-state selection in the state’s second-largest class, and he earned honorable-mention all-state honors regardless of class. Following his high school career, Smothers was selected to participate in the Alabama-Mississippi All-Star Game

Smothers played his first three seasons at Athens High School. He completed 65 percent of his passes and threw for 1,702 yards and 14 touchdowns as a junior, adding 832 rushing yards and nine touchdowns. As a sophomore, Smothers threw for 2,041 yards and 14 touchdowns, while rushing for 719 yards and eight touchdowns. He threw for more than 1,500 yards and rushed for nearly 500 yards as a freshman while accounting for 15 total touchdowns."

His HS Stats have more passing yards than running so I'm hoping for a great performance from him.

"As a senior at Muscle Shoals, Smothers helped the team to a 12-1 record by passing for more than 2,000 yards and 27 touchdowns and rushing for more than 800 yards and 13 scores. For his efforts, Smothers was a second-team all-state selection in the state’s second-largest class, and he earned honorable-mention all-state honors regardless of class. Following his high school career, Smothers was selected to participate in the Alabama-Mississippi All-Star Game

Smothers played his first three seasons at Athens High School. He completed 65 percent of his passes and threw for 1,702 yards and 14 touchdowns as a junior, adding 832 rushing yards and nine touchdowns. As a sophomore, Smothers threw for 2,041 yards and 14 touchdowns, while rushing for 719 yards and eight touchdowns. He threw for more than 1,500 yards and rushed for nearly 500 yards as a freshman while accounting for 15 total touchdowns."
Yes but it's pretty obvious he has a weak arm and can't drill it 60 yds on a line. :Sarcastic:

Logan is a guy we can run some zone read on... and I suspect that we are going to try and move the pocket much like we did with Adrian last week.

I liked what I saw from him in the Buffalo game.. so I am excited to see what he can do... He has straight line speed like Luke and Taylor... but not much wiggle. Lets hope some creases open up.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back