• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Smoked Pork Belly Cubano

KingTM

All Big 10
5 Year Member
We have a killer Cuban restaurant nearby and I had my first Cuban sandwich about 6 months ago. Up to that point, that was the best sandwich I had ever had.

Fast forward to about a month ago. I smoked a pork belly and wanted to do something unique with it so I bought a sandwich press and made smoked pork belly Cubanos.

The ingredients were as follows:

Smoked Pork Belly
Cured Ham
Swiss Cheese
Pickles
Cuban Bread
Mayo
Mustard

Sides were black beans, rice and my hand made guac.

Everything but the mayo, mustard, beans and rice were locally sourced. This is, by far, the best sandwich I have ever had.

Cubano.jpg

Last edited:

Thanks, all. It exceeded my expectations. I love to BBQ and would like to do it for a living, but so do a ton of other folks in my area. I feel that the key to being successful is to not only do traditional BBQ but to also find different dishes to create with the BBQ. I have also made pulled pork empanadas and pulled pork hash. I've got a killer potato salad recipe and am currently perfecting my jalapeno cornbread. When I win the lottery, this will be my lot in life. ;)

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back