• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Smoked appetizers,

Smoker

Cafe-Bro
10 Year Member
I'm building a concession trailer to sell my BBQ out of this spring.
Want to focus on smoked appetizers.

I do a lot of smoked shotgun shells, Smoked pig shots and smoke jalapeno poppers, the 3 standards,

Anyone suggest anything else?
Looking for ideas.

The Gage County pork producers ran a booth at our county fair and they sold a pork sundae that was killer. In a small bowl they put mashed potatoes then pulled pork and gravy with sprinkled cheese and cherry tomato on top. When I first had it I thought of you. :cool:

How bout chunked brisket on a tortilla shell with BBQ and coleslaw wrapped into a taco?

The Gage County pork producers ran a booth at our county fair and they sold a pork sundae that was killer. In a small bowl they put mashed potatoes then pulled pork and gravy with sprinkled cheese and cherry tomato on top. When I first had it I thought of you. :cool:
Interesting. Will have to try that

Great idea. Will practice on that

My wife makes these in the oven. We tried smoking them once and they were great. Make sure you use a quality smokies. Cheap sausage doesn't cut it.

I'm building a concession trailer to sell my BBQ out of this spring.
Want to focus on smoked appetizers.

I do a lot of smoked shotgun shells, Smoked pig shots and smoke jalapeno poppers, the 3 standards,

Anyone suggest anything else?
Looking for ideas.
Smoked eggs are an easy one. They take the flavor pretty quickly and go great with most BBQ meats. If you put together a special sauce of your choosing, it can even be a signature item.

More effort, but we smoke the vegetables that go into our salsa, and it creates an entirely different wonderful experience. Chips and salsa with a smoked sauce is another great option for an appetizer. Like the eggs, vegetables take the smoke flavor so much faster than beef or pork.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back