• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Smoked a turkey breast last weekend...

KingTM

All Big 10
5 Year Member
...and it was incredible. I brined it in a half gallon of apple cider, a cup of salt and topped off with water with aromatics and some halved apples floated in the brine for 24 hours. After the brine, I liberally rubbed it (@Red Dead Redemption, there's a softball for your next out of context quote :thumbsup:) and injected it with Cajun butter. I used apple wood for my smoke and left it on for about 5 hours at 225 until it reached 165° internal. I then placed it under the broiler for a couple of minutes to crisp the skin. That may have been the best I've done, thus far. I just finished the last of it for lunch, today.

...and it was incredible. I brined it in a half gallon of apple cider, a cup of salt and topped off with water with aromatics and some halved apples floated in the brine for 24 hours. After the brine, I liberally rubbed it (@Red Dead Redemption, there's a softball for your next out of context quote :thumbsup:) and injected it with Cajun butter. I used apple wood for my smoke and left it on for about 5 hours at 225 until it reached 165° internal. I then placed it under the broiler for a couple of minutes to crisp the skin. That may have been the best I've done, thus far. I just finished the last of it for lunch, today.
What did you do with the apples after?
Did you make cole slaw with them?

Nothing better than a man on his throne munching on some great tail. LOL Well done!

You're cajun?

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back