• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Skillet.Lifehacker - Pretty cool site for helpful kitchen hints and tips

KingTM

All Big 10
5 Year Member
Meant to post this a couple of weeks ago after I stumbled upon it one weekend late-night while searching for the end of the Internet, in a drunken stupor.

http://skillet.lifehacker.com/

The parent site, LifeHacker is pretty awesome sometimes, as well. I've read that for years but never noticed Skillet.

Last edited:
Like it! My wife likes bourbon so I might fix her up with the apple-flavored bourbon.

I did it with apple slices a cinnamon stick and Evan Williams once. It was good.

I was going to mention trying it with a cinnamon stick in there too but forgot. That sounds like a good winter evening drink.

Last edited:
I'm going to try it initially with Beam. See how that goes. Not using my Pappy van Winkle!

I'm going to try it initially with Beam. See how that goes. Not using my Pappy van Winkle!

Lucky! How did you manage to score a bottle of that? A liquor store here ran an event over the holidays and they were raffling off a couple hundred bottles of Pappy. I believe over a thousand showed up just for the chance at getting a ticket. I'm not a bourbon guy but I've tasted Pappy and I would buy a bottle, if I could.

Lucky! How did you manage to score a bottle of that? A liquor store here ran an event over the holidays and they were raffling off a couple hundred bottles of Pappy. I believe over a thousand showed up just for the chance at getting a ticket. I'm not a bourbon guy but I've tasted Pappy and I would buy a bottle, if I could.

A buddy of mine is a bourbon freak! He has contacts all over and scored two bottles and sold one to me. Pricey!

A buddy of mine is a bourbon freak! He has contacts all over and scored two bottles and sold one to me. Pricey!

Indeed. It's pretty good as far as bourbon goes but...damn. I've seen the bottles of 23 year old go for over $1,000. Nope, no thanks. :eek:

You laugh, but...http://www.baconbourbonusa.com/?age-verified=73a4d15cba

As a hard and fast life rule, I avoid any establishment/manufacturer like the plague if they have Ol' in the name. ;)

Oh my lord........

bacon-bourbon-ol-major-slide-1-1391x653.jpg

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back