• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Sirius XM College - NU stock down

I stopped being offended by it when Corso had to eat his words in the '90s.
I could never hold a grudge against that guy, even when he said something negative about Nebraska. He was always quick to talk about how Osborne's teams had destroyed his teams when he was coaching at Indiana, which was endearing. It was even more endearing when he fully owned how wrong he had been after the '96 Fiesta Bowl. He's passionate, but he doesn't take himself too seriously, plus he's entertaining. I hope that he's in Lincoln with the crew for the Ohio State game. I'd love to see them have Osborne on to talk about that period.

The publication was Athlon ... listed top 5 potential NFL draftees from Nebraska ... Lamar Jackson, Daniels, Barry, Davis
That is probably how I'd order them, but you didn't say who the 5th one is? If Lamar has a year like the way he finished last year, he'll go relatively early in the draft. There aren't a lot of CBs with the combination of his height and speed, and if he gets better at making plays on 50/50 balls for interceptions, he could be a 1st rounder, depending on how he grades out at the scout combine. If Daniels has a solid year and stays healthy, he'll be drafted. Barry is probably a bubble guy at this point but should sign with someone.

The upside to all of this is if we can manage a 7 or 8 win season this year the perspective nationally should start to change.
It will take more than 7-8 wins and it will have to be several very successful seasons in a row to move the needle.

I could never hold a grudge against that guy, even when he said something negative about Nebraska. He was always quick to talk about how Osborne's teams had destroyed his teams when he was coaching at Indiana, which was endearing. It was even more endearing when he fully owned how wrong he had been after the '96 Fiesta Bowl. He's passionate, but he doesn't take himself too seriously, plus he's entertaining. I hope that he's in Lincoln with the crew for the Ohio State game. I'd love to see them have Osborne on to talk about that period.
I’m with you here MABC. Corso was very wrong...but like you said, owned up to it. Years following he’s typically had nice things to say about Nebraska even in down years. Never thought I’d be defending Corso Lol! Out of the game day guys he might not be the most knowledgeable, but Herbie plays the media games for ratings and Desmond just flat out seems clueless at times. I like him and his hat routine. He amazed me coming back from his stroke like he did.

I saw Herbie in our stadium while heading to bathroom and stopped to literally say just Hi, he wasn’t busy, gave me a smug look and walked by without a simple Hi in response. Since then I just have thought he’s pompous.

How do you feel about some of the polls that have us inside the top 25? Is that too optimistic? It sure would be nice to see our name in the rankings again as the season progresses.
I’m optimistic, but if I were an unbiased ranker, no way I put us in preseason top 25. I think we can get there next year, but that’s baring a lot of health without injury to key players. We just don’t have the depth.

It will take more than 7-8 wins and it will have to be several very successful seasons in a row to move the needle.
Agree 100%.

I said a 7-8 win season would start to change the conversation, but you are correct in that it needs to be sustained success over a few years.

A win over Wisconsin wouldn't hurt the narrative either.

I’m with you here MABC. Corso was very wrong...but like you said, owned up to it. Years following he’s typically had nice things to say about Nebraska even in down years. Never thought I’d be defending Corso Lol! Out of the game day guys he might not be the most knowledgeable, but Herbie plays the media games for ratings and Desmond just flat out seems clueless at times. I like him and his hat routine. He amazed me coming back from his stroke like he did.

I saw Herbie in our stadium while heading to bathroom and stopped to literally say just Hi, he wasn’t busy, gave me a smug look and walked by without a simple Hi in response. Since then I just have thought he’s pompous.

Had the chance to meet Herbstreit a couple years ago before the Baja Clemson game in Tampa. Asked jokingly why he hates the Huskers so much. He responded, man you guys always rip me for being honest. He was actually pretty cool and said that he really wants to see them get back to the old days. I came away from that with a pretty positive impression of him.

Corso needs to move on. He’s become a caricature of himself. Can’t watch game anymore, that show is just too much show and not enough substance these days.

Agree 100%.

I said a 7-8 win season would start to change the conversation, but you are correct in that it needs to be sustained success over a few years.

A win over Wisconsin wouldn't hurt the narrative either.
Getting to and winning bowl games of significance will move the needle.

Had the chance to meet Herbstreit a couple years ago before the Baja Clemson game in Tampa. Asked jokingly why he hates the Huskers so much. He responded, man you guys always rip me for being honest. He was actually pretty cool and said that he really wants to see them get back to the old days. I came away from that with a pretty positive impression of him.

Corso needs to move on. He’s become a caricature of himself. Can’t watch game anymore, that show is just too much show and not enough substance these days.

The only one I really don’t like is Polack. He is such a SEC stooge. Corso is ok he really doestdo much anymore.

The show is too long. Three hours is too long, to much filler crap.

Herbstreet is just trying to please everyone.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back