• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Sir Yacht

I don't trust anyone that openly eats skyline chili, let alone slurps it down like a beverage.

:Puke:

My sister lives in Cinci and the first time I visited her there years ago she had to take me to Skyline. It was okay, and eating chili with spaghetti noodles is fine, but I was not impressed. They use a lot of cinnamon in their chili in Cinci, and I'm not a fan. Occasionally I will add garam masala to mine, but cinnamon? Nada

My sister lives in Cinci and the first time I visited her there years ago she had to take me to Skyline. It was okay, and eating chili with spaghetti noodles is fine, but I was not impressed. They use a lot of cinnamon in their chili in Cinci, and I'm not a fan. Occasionally I will add garam masala to mine, but cinnamon? Nada

I didn't even know Cincinnati chili was a thing until I got stuck in the Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky airport in the late '90's on the first leg of my flight home from Nashville to Denver the night before Thanksgiving. A chili joint was the only place open.

I took one bite and took it back up, thinking the meat in it had gone bad.

'You've never had Cincinnati chili?' asks an obviously unimpressed young woman I assumed was from Northern -ish Kentucky.

'No. Does it always have spoiled meat in it?'

'No, silly. It's cinnamon'

'On purpose?'

I tried to pick the elbow macaroni out of it, but it just wasn't going to work.

I threw it away and found a vending machine.

I didn't even know Cincinnati chili was a thing until I got stuck in the Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky airport in the late '90's on the first leg of my flight home from Nashville to Denver the night before Thanksgiving. A chili joint was the only place open.

I took one bite and took it back up, thinking the meat in it had gone bad.

'You've never had Cincinnati chili?' asks an obviously unimpressed young woman I assumed was from Northern -ish Kentucky.

'No. Does it always have spoiled meat in it?'

'No, silly. It's cinnamon'

'On purpose?'

I tried to pick the elbow macaroni out of it, but it just wasn't going to work.

I threw it away and found a vending machine.
With you on the dislike of Skyline Chili. Lived in Ohio for a while, tried it...never wanted it again. To each his own.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back