• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Sipple is Losing All Credibility

I know you're joking but it used to be the case. This board has run off most insiders with credibility. There are still a few left but they rarely post to the main pages these days. The Platinum Board has had far more intel on this coaching search than anyone here or even most of our esteemed beat writers. I love the interactions here but it's not a haven for much insider info anymore.
I agree on this. A lot of the credible posters called it what it was. Wouldn’t sugar coat this disaster. It is the board I’ve been on longest since the old huskerpedia days under a different name so I like most of the interaction. It’s not the best source though as it’s a little one sided to positive posts over facts. Many on here don’t want the negative facts. And that’s fine. You just have to navigate all your resources. I can still get information from those “not to be named” by going to their site.

Don’t get me started on the totally uselessness of the “media”. They prove time and time again how brainless these people are. If you listen to some of these press conferences and see how mind boggling stupid the questions are you’ll know what I mean. Now, not all of them are stupid. They are looking for “got ya” moments. One particular “journalist”, every question out of his fat face is looking for controversy, is looking to create controversy. I don’t have respect for any of them.
They did that with Bo. They’d keep pounding the same question…..often a stupid one over and over hoping to get him to blow up. He usually did. Quite frankly half the time I didn’t blame him. I wanted to go smack the reporter myself for being an idiot.

What has Sipple said? He absolutely nailed the Scott Frost firing.
Well I guess nailing is hard to define. He defended him pretty hard. He was defending him for two years while others already knew SF was being fired. They just didn’t know when. :).

Well I guess nailing is hard to define. He defended him pretty hard. He was defending him for two years while others already knew SF was being fired. They just didn’t know when. :).

in September Sipple came out and said that there was a good chance Scott was going to be fired before the Oct 2 deadline. Many were incredulous but he got it right. So that’s what I was referencing. I’m not a follower of Sipple or anyone else in the media so I was just genuinely curious what what he’s said recently.

Looks like an office building at 40 west 57th in New York City. Now search who all has offices here.

1669309686077.png

Looks like a lot of financial firms. Probably looking at ways to park that $40M.

Last edited:
in September Sipple came out and said that there was a good chance Scott was going to be fired before the Oct 2 deadline. Many were incredulous but he got it right. So that’s what I was referencing. I’m not a follower of Sipple or anyone else in the media so I was just genuinely curious what what he’s said recently.
Gotcha. Fair explanation.

These journalists have a lot at stake with Nebraska’s football success. They’re subscribers may be loosing interest in Husker football and may not be willing to pay for subscriptions ,there’s a lot of money invested in this program. Nebraska’s really the only sports program in town but it’s the Husker Nation that provides the $$$ to keep these sports media outlets going. If they depended solely on the $$ from Lincoln and Omaha they’d be in trouble. Hopefully they understand that they’ll only survive if Nebraska has a national fan base. There’s not too many teams who haven’t been to a bowl game in eight years that will grow and support $$$ media types.
Trev would be wise to attempt to keep them in the loop. It’s obvious they have absolutely no idea who’s going to lead this team even at this late date.

Has Sip been reduced to just repeating rumors? This is pathetic. Especially this flip flop on Rhule. I thought he was more of an insider than other rumor mongers but his stuff lately has been really weak.
Sip, and many others who were "writers" have lost their identity. They've traded the exactness of writing for the BS of speaking. It seems entertaining but often not enlightening. They're only responding to what people want. That's where the quick money is but not the long, lasting foundation. It seems reflective of the present reality of Nebraska football and a lot of other things, too.

I remember listening to Sip on Sharp and Benning the week after the NW game. He dropped a bomb there when they asked him if it was possible Frost would be fired after Oct 1 and Sip responded that what he was hearing is if he loses any one of the next three games it's entirely possible he'd be fired right after that game. Sure enough......

I don't think the beat reporters are that bad, and I think most have sources none of us have, clearly. That doesn't mean they are going to give everything right. They are only going to be as good as the information passed to them. In this case, Trev has done a magnificent job apparently of keeping this tight lipped.

Last edited:
They did that with Bo. They’d keep pounding the same question…..often a stupid one over and over hoping to get him to blow up. He usually did. Quite frankly half the time I didn’t blame him. I wanted to go smack the reporter myself for being an idiot.
Bingo especially Dirk he even went to Youngstown to try to interview Bo.

Their future depends on Trev getting this turned around. Expectations are extremely high for this program. Nebraska is in danger of becoming just another team very much like Iowa, Purdue and others like them. Trev has to pull out all the stops, get the right guy and make the salary for assistant coaches one of if not the best in the country. Coaching as much as recruiting is going to bring Nebraska back. There’s already three top notch assistants on this staff, Joseph, Busch and Fisher. He’s got to get this right he’s already said he doesn’t want to win the press conference he wants a program builder. I believe Rhule could be that guy but we will soon see.
Go Big Red!

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back