• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Sipple is Losing All Credibility

jpmandm

Long time listener, first time caller
10 Year Member
Has Sip been reduced to just repeating rumors? This is pathetic. Especially this flip flop on Rhule. I thought he was more of an insider than other rumor mongers but his stuff lately has been really weak.

I would say they all lost credibility to me when stuff started to leak on Frost's firing (and before that) while they just yucked it up like it was all well and good for so long. Then, as is typical, they tried to throw stuff out there like everyone knew but didn't want to talk about it. None of them have insight into the department any more than most of us here at this point.

Truthfully, I wouldn't be surprised if Trev leaked some of the less desirable names to a few different people to see which rats they have left in the department.

I’ve never believed a journalist is the best source of information on rumors. The ones that take time to do investigative analysis of things such as @N2FL does creating coach and player profiles is great. Gives truthful background on stuff that is out there but you have to go get. Things many fans won’t go get themselves.

However I usually believe there are better sources for much of this elsewhere. Now in saying that….this has been an exception to most hires. By Trev having locked this down better than a pentagon operation and it taking so long even the best inside sources are struggling to get things definitive.

Has Sip been reduced to just repeating rumors? This is pathetic. Especially this flip flop on Rhule. I thought he was more of an insider than other rumor mongers but his stuff lately has been really weak.
Used to enjoy Sipple and many of the other Husker beat writers. Not so much anymore. Research is to hard for them. They don't actually report what is really happening. See Frost. Washut gets his panties in a wad when you question him. They've just gotten lazy.

Disappointing. They all used to be pretty good back in the day.

Used to enjoy Sipple and many of the other Husker beat writers. Not so much anymore. Research is to hard for them. They don't actually report what is really happening. See Frost. Washut gets his panties in a wad when you question him. They've just gotten lazy.

Disappointing. They all used to be pretty good back in the day.
These journalists have a lot at stake with Nebraska’s football success. They’re subscribers may be loosing interest in Husker football and may not be willing to pay for subscriptions ,there’s a lot of money invested in this program. Nebraska’s really the only sports program in town but it’s the Husker Nation that provides the $$$ to keep these sports media outlets going. If they depended solely on the $$ from Lincoln and Omaha they’d be in trouble. Hopefully they understand that they’ll only survive if Nebraska has a national fan base. There’s not too many teams who haven’t been to a bowl game in eight years that will grow and support $$$ media types.
Trev would be wise to attempt to keep them in the loop. It’s obvious they have absolutely no idea who’s going to lead this team even at this late date.

The only place with accurate, relevant information and well-developed insight and opinion now is Huskermax.

the-office-suck-up.gif

These journalists have a lot at stake with Nebraska’s football success. They’re subscribers may be loosing interest in Husker football and may not be willing to pay for subscriptions ,there’s a lot of money invested in this program. Nebraska’s really the only sports program in town but it’s the Husker Nation that provides the $$$ to keep these sports media outlets going. If they depended solely on the $$ from Lincoln and Omaha they’d be in trouble. Hopefully they understand that they’ll only survive if Nebraska has a national fan base. There’s not too many teams who haven’t been to a bowl game in eight years that will grow and support $$$ media types.
Trev would be wise to attempt to keep them in the loop. It’s obvious they have absolutely no idea who’s going to lead this team even at this late date.
I think their subscribers are losing faith in the accuracy of what they're reading. If Sipple et. al. aren't painting an accurate picture of what's going on in Lincoln, why should we pay any attention to them? Might as well read Twitter; most thinking people know that's a fantasy.

The only place with accurate, relevant information and well-developed insight and opinion now is Huskermax.

I know you're joking but it used to be the case. This board has run off most insiders with credibility. There are still a few left but they rarely post to the main pages these days. The Platinum Board has had far more intel on this coaching search than anyone here or even most of our esteemed beat writers. I love the interactions here but it's not a haven for much insider info anymore.

I know you're joking but it used to be the case. This board has run off most insiders with credibility. There are still a few left but they rarely post to the main pages these days. The Platinum Board has had far more intel on this coaching search than anyone here or even most of our esteemed beat writers. I love the interactions here but it's not a haven for much insider info anymore.
Has "The Platinum Board" had more intel? Or just more unsubstantiated rumors?

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back