• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Sipple is Losing All Credibility

Has Sip been reduced to just repeating rumors? This is pathetic. Especially this flip flop on Rhule. I thought he was more of an insider than other rumor mongers but his stuff lately has been really weak.
Do you ever get those story feeds where it is just reporting what someone saw on Tic Tock or Reddit? Sipple has become the sports version of that.

Has "The Platinum Board" had more intel? Or just more unsubstantiated rumors?

Totally fair. I guess it depends on how this thing shakes out on whether it was BS or not. But at least the unsubstantiated rumors aren’t coming from some rando real estate agent or barbershop. These have at least been from ppl with previous credibility.

Has "The Platinum Board" had more intel? Or just more unsubstantiated rumors?
Bingo.

It's interesting going back to the USC search last year and hopefully the parallels. Fired coach early. Matt Campbell was the guy for months with some times it being Aranda, Franklin, or Fickell. And the insiders sure it was Campbell just the day before. Almost everything heard over 2 months was wrong.

That's the thing about a rumor. Everyone is hearing the same thing so they take it as validation.

I keep thinking Kiffin or someone we haven't focused on is still in play. Last year the rumor was Lincoln Riley to LSU. And in questions after their last game, he shot that part of it down and was at USC within 24 hours. He's been talking down the Auburn part of this without affirmation of staying.

My complaint about Sip - he loved to brag he is friends with Don Raiola. Not a word on Frost getting drunk and blowing the kid off. I get why he wouldn’t report that but you think he would have spoken about an in home not going well or something of the sort.

Personally I think the Rhule stuff is a smoke screen but time will tell.

Don’t get me started on the totally uselessness of the “media”. They prove time and time again how brainless these people are. If you listen to some of these press conferences and see how mind boggling stupid the questions are you’ll know what I mean. Now, not all of them are stupid. They are looking for “got ya” moments. One particular “journalist”, every question out of his fat face is looking for controversy, is looking to create controversy. I don’t have respect for any of them.

Last edited:

Don’t get me started on the totally uselessness of the “media”. They prove time and time again how brainless these people are. If you listen to some of these press conferences and see how mind boggling stupid the questions are you’ll know what I mean. Now, not all of them are stupid. They are looking for “got ya” moments. One particular “journalist”, every question out of his fat face is looking for controversy is looking to create controversy. I don’t have respect for any of them.

Don’t get me started on the totally uselessness of the “media”. They prove time and time again how brainless these people are. If you listen to some of these press conferences and see how mind boggling stupid the questions are you’ll know what I mean. Now, not all of them are stupid. They are looking for “got ya” moments. One particular “journalist”, every question out of his fat face is looking for controversy, is looking to create controversy. I don’t have respect for any of them.
You don't know the half of it. I was part of the press for several years in the 90's, but it was my second job as I had a separate professional career. The University actually gave you a list of acceptable quotes that you could use in your stories and generally were not ones you asked yourself.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back