• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Since it's MD week.

Heading up from Raleigh. What is there to do for pregame activities?
This is not a football school. So on campus I would not expect a whole lot near the stadium. As I said earlier. If you come in on Friday night. National Harbor and Old Town Alexandria are both good walking areas for food and drink. If you would like to see both there is a water taxi in between. Also that is where the Capitol Wheel is. Huge Ferris wheel where you can see the whole city of DC

This is not a football school. So on campus I would not expect a whole lot near the stadium. As I said earlier. If you come in on Friday night. National Harbor and Old Town Alexandria are both good walking areas for food and drink. If you would like to see both there is a water taxi in between. Also that is where the Capitol Wheel is. Huge Ferris wheel where you can see the whole city of DC

I've been to DC quite a bit, just more looking for things around the stadium. Bringing my two youngins, so don't want much in the way of walking. Sounds like Looney's may be the place to go for us. Ever been?

I've been to DC quite a bit, just more looking for things around the stadium. Bringing my two youngins, so don't want much in the way of walking. Sounds like Looney's may be the place to go for us. Ever been?
No but I will ask my son. he used to spend a bunch of time in the College Park area.

Ironically my son walked in as soon as I hit post. He says he has been their says the food is "OK" the crowd is very young and can get a little rowdy. He says it is all College students in the bar. Also he says it is not walking distance. College park is not a typical college town. Since it is so close to DC and the DMV area in general. There is not the typical college bar and food area around the stadium/campus. You can hop on the Metro and be in DC in 15 minutes. So there is no need to set up a college only bar area. You can go to DC in 15 minutes, so kids do not stick around the campus.

Just to be sure my daughter is asking a friend that actually goes to UMD so I will follow up.

I'll be there! There's 2 adults and 2 kids coming. We've never been to DC-College Park, so open to any suggestions! I have a couple hotel reservations, hoping to stay where the team stays if anyone has a good knowledgeable guess before I cancel one Also, do we tailgate around the stadium or more of a bar scene tailgate? Also happy to hook up with other fans going!

I have been to Looneys a number of times. Just basic SportsBar food and it is a major hang out for campus folks and during games. But it is true, U of M is Not a football school so atmosphere around the stadium not the greatest. I have a lot of friends who are Terp fans and they are all saying "Well, at least this will be the last chance of the year for Maryland to get a win." They are all feeling quite confident that they are going to beat good ol' NU. I just hope it won't rain!

I'll be there! There's 2 adults and 2 kids coming. We've never been to DC-College Park, so open to any suggestions! I have a couple hotel reservations, hoping to stay where the team stays if anyone has a good knowledgeable guess before I cancel one Also, do we tailgate around the stadium or more of a bar scene tailgate? Also happy to hook up with other fans going!
Tailgating probably best. Here are the rules and restrictions. https://umterps.com/sports/2018/8/27/2018-tailgating-guide.aspx

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back