• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Simone Biles

Imagine if someone like LeBron took game 7 off for a mental day. If a guy does what she did, he would be getting killed by the same people praising her now.

Not sure really what you are saying, I just made a comment, because I assumed at some point, someone, somewhere would compare her leaving her teammates go on their own to someone in the military. Just trying to get ahead, so that is all I meant. Wasn't directed to anyone.
I was only trying to say that to be the GOAT in something that means you cant have a glaring weakness that is so important. I just happened to choose that analogy.

To further the topic the shot I saw of the team when Suni won the individual all around showed a very underwhelming reaction from Simone as well. Jordan looked like someone extremely happy for her teammate, I didnt get that feeling from Simone.

1627901501626.png

1627901531548.png

1627901552458.png

1627901573486.png

1627901835612.png

Last edited:

The things she does can literally kill her. If she has reached a point where it becomes too dangerous it does not matter when it happens. It is time to stop.

A few years ago a NE player retired from the game after his second concussion. No one batted an eye. Why because the next one could kill him. No difference here.

Sounds like she did a scaled back routine and won the Bronze. I heard Nastia Liukin on NBC coverage talk about the "twisties" then watched the replay of the vault and IMO it did seem she was disoriented. To me, in a sport where you are flipping, twisting, etc. that would be enough for me to shut it down. Glad she found a way to scale back routine that gave her confidence to compete in the balance beam.

The things she does can literally kill her. If she has reached a point where it becomes too dangerous it does not matter when it happens. It is time to stop.
OK…my opinion and this makes it neither wrong or right…just my opinion.

sure…so pull out…get healthy and try again…or not.

What I take offense to is the constant “justification”….

Just be quiet and go home…heal….get better…

But she will not stop with the press conferences and moralizing statements. And virtually EVERYTHING she says just picks the scab once again.

That Husker player made a statement and quietly left.

The other angle here is TEAM….

so many of us do things for the team that does not exactly fall in the ”not dangerous” category.

You and I for instance.

I don’t care if she is male or female…black, white, asiatic, spanish or native, gay or straight, muslim, jew, christian, buddhist, or atheist….

She is an American….and when you wear your nations uniform….representing your entire nation…

Expectations are pretty high on things like selflessness and team.

She did what she did…it is controversial to many, many people…and for a reason.

No problem….live with it…heal…learn from it and try to get better. It’s all any of us can do.

But for heaven’s sake Simone…please just shut up. Every time you speak….you just make the situation worse.

My opinion of course…and that won’t even get me a Starbucks…

OK…my opinion and this makes it neither wrong or right…just my opinion.

sure…so pull out…get healthy and try again…or not.

What I take offense to is the constant “justification”….

Just be quiet and go home…heal….get better…

But she will not stop with the press conferences and moralizing statements. And virtually EVERYTHING she says just picks the scab once again.

That Husker player made a statement and quietly left.

The other angle here is TEAM….

so many of us do things for the team that does not exactly fall in the ”not dangerous” category.

You and I for instance.

I don’t care if she is male or female…black, white, asiatic, spanish or native, gay or straight, muslim, jew, christian, buddhist, or atheist….

She is an American….and when you wear your nations uniform….representing your entire nation…

Expectations are pretty high on things like selflessness and team.

She did what she did…it is controversial to many, many people…and for a reason.

No problem….live with it…heal…learn from it and try to get better. It’s all any of us can do.

But for heaven’s sake Simone…please just shut up. Every time you speak….you just make the situation worse.

My opinion of course…and that won’t even get me a Starbucks…
I have an old Starbuck's Gift card that was given to my wife with $1.38 on it. You want me to send that over? :Sarcasm:

Shakespeare in Hamlet had a great line for this situation…

“The lady doth protest too much, methinks.”

She needs to quit going to press conferences…just shut up and let this pass…no more statements and no more justifications…..and just go heal.

the damage has been done…and it was considerable. To herself, and to her team.

Just stop making a bad situation worse.

The press will forget about this in a week and so will most Americans…..

Unless she keeps “protesting too much”.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back