• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Signing Day

Status
Not open for further replies.

Californication

Charlie Brown
15 Year Member
Can anyone tell me the rationale behind having a signing day versus letting commits sign anytime they are sure? Thanks.

It's actually a signing period. It just seems like a "signing day" because most kids sign on the first day of the period. For football, the signing period this year runs from February 1st to April 1st.

I am sure there are some kids who were thinking of being Scarlet Knights that are glad nothing has been signed yet.

It's actually a signing period. It just seems like a "signing day" because most kids sign on the first day of the period. For football, the signing period this year runs from February 1st to April 1st.

I still don't understand what the rationale is for a signing period.

I still don't understand what the rationale is for a signing period.

Some kids will still be looking around for a scholarship when that time comes. The lesser known's, 2-stars, and unranked kids will be contacted to fill up classes and such.

I have only been following this for about 5 years but one of the comments you see recycled is how the recruiting cylce has been fast-forwarded. We have our first commit for next year's class without this one being complete.

This is shear speculation but it wouldn't surprise me if the NCAA has been slow to shift their signing period to adjust to the changes that recruiting has experienced over the past decade or two. I don't know if kids were always recruited this early or not. May is referred to as the evaluation period but it sure seems like a lot of evaluation has been done by then.

Wonder also if it has anything to do with cut-off dates for requirements toward graduation or SAT/ACT test dates??

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back