• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Signing Day is Feb. 2 & Scheduled Visits For January

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red Reign

Husker Immortal
15 Year Member
Just an FYI.....we have 16 commits now + Marsh (2010 Grey Shirt) and Heard....which leaves room for 4 possibly 5 more recruits...Heard still going through the Clearing House process so nothing certain on him yet.....

Signing day won't get here fast enough...:)

Visits scheduled for the rest of January:

Ameer Abdullah -Jan. 14th
Keeon Virgile -Jan. 14th
Derrius Vick -Jan. 21st
David Sutton -Jan. 21st
Malcolm Creer -Jan. 21st
Matt Wile -Jan. 28th
Akeem Gonzales Jan. 28th

Just an FYI.....we have 16 commits now + Marsh (2010 Grey Shirt) and Heard....which leaves room for 4 possibly 5 more recruits...Heard still going through the Clearing House process so nothing certain on him yet.....

Signing day won't get here fast enough...:)

Visits scheduled for the rest of January:

I like our odds with Abdullah, Creer, and Wile. Hopefully Virgile will pull the trigger! Talk about a fantastic class already and adding any of these would be great!

Unfortunatley if that is the case then he would have to go the Juco route.

I don't think that would be the case, unless I'm missing something. He hasn't been disqualified yet, nor would he be if the Clearinghouse is just slow. He obviously couldn't register this semester if he misses the add deadline, but I don't see what would disallow him from registering for summer if he is eventually cleared.

I don't think that would be the case, unless I'm missing something. He hasn't been disqualified yet, nor would he be if the Clearinghouse is just slow. He obviously couldn't register this semester if he misses the add deadline, but I don't see what would disallow him from registering for summer if he is eventually cleared.

This is my understanding as well, if he does get through the clearing house regardless of time he can join the team the next semester. He would only be forced to go JUCO if he did not make it through the clearing house.

I could be wrong but that is my understanding.

My understanding as well....

I don't think that would be the case, unless I'm missing something. He hasn't been disqualified yet, nor would he be if the Clearinghouse is just slow. He obviously couldn't register this semester if he misses the add deadline, but I don't see what would disallow him from registering for summer if he is eventually cleared

Sounds good, dude seems to obviously be putting in the effort and wants to be in Lincoln. Can't help but root for him.

There is clearly more to Heard becoming a Husker than the Admissions office just getting his passing score...I hope that things work out for him to be here. It looks like there will be class tomorrow so he better hurry, clock is ticking! I would guess something needs to happen by Friday...I forget how the drop/add thing works and am not sure if getting admitted is different. Looks like some solid guys are taking a look at us...I hope they have warm coats and are impressed with all things BIG RED!

you know one of the silverlinings for Braylon even if he cant play for another semester is that he should be either a red shirt freshman or true sophmore this year and im sure he has been staying in football shape so he could redshirt his first year here and then his first year playing he would be physically ahead of basically everyone in his class. or maybe he wouldnt need to even redshirt. i know this, if i was in his shoes and i had worked so hard to achieve my goal of getting on the football field for nebraska it would definitely mean a lot to me when the time finally came. seems like mr. heard would be the same way, watch out because i think this kid is going to explode when he finally gets his chance and all that pent up crap will finally come out on the field. just my take.

I believe the university allows late enrollees for this semester until January 18th. Sadly the clearing house seems to be slower than a 7 year itch. If he qualifies out of highschool even if it takes the clearinghouse forever but they do certify everything he would be allowed to enroll for summer classes and be part of the team in the fall without going Juco.

He has until 18 Jan to enroll.....next Tuesday....

There is clearly more to Heard becoming a Husker than the Admissions office just getting his passing score...I hope that things work out for him to be here. It looks like there will be class tomorrow so he better hurry, clock is ticking! I would guess something needs to happen by Friday...I forget how the drop/add thing works and am not sure if getting admitted is different. Looks like some solid guys are taking a look at us...I hope they have warm coats and are impressed with all things BIG RED!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back