• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Sick of losing, but...

You just can't accept that two drives each game will be killed by bad snaps. He has to move.
No more then we can accept two drives a game that are killed by a LG that misses blocks, or two drives a game that a CB leaves a WR open.
Now, I am not a pull them or fire them person, but sure wonder what it would like like with another center coming into the game that doesn't require moving other players around thereby changing the complexion of the OL completely. I wonder if Jurgen's blocking is so superior that alternatives are still not an option.
As far as moving him, I am not a smart enough football person so know where they could move him to and still take advantage of his skills.

Last edited:

Yeah, I said in the game thread that they need to pull Jurgens for the rest of the year and teach him to play guard. What's frustrating is that it's mental rather than physical for him. I'm not sure how to fix it at this point.

It’s like the yips in golf or “Steve Blass Disease” in baseball. I agree with you. I don’t think it’s fixable, and I would move him to guard to take advantage of his considerable talent.

I got the chip-yips in golf to the point where when I have time off and it’s a nice day I grab a fly rod and head to the river instead of suffering on the golf course. For whatever reason, he’s not cut out to be a center. He would be an excellent guard.

Fire them all, and open up the checkbook for the best coaches money can buy! It doesn't matter if they have chemistry with the other coaches, or if they have a similar philosophy, etc. Coaches are just plug and play.

Exactly.

Also, because Nebraska won five national titles starting fifty years ago and ending twenty three years ago, we're a A-1 job and any available candidate will come here and succeed.....for the money. After all, what works in Florida, Texas or Alabama will, without question work in Lincoln Nebraska.

Exactly.

Also, because Nebraska won five national titles starting fifty years ago and ending twenty three years ago, we're a A-1 job and any available candidate will come here and succeed.....for the money. After all, what works in Florida, Texas or Alabama will, without question work in Lincoln Nebraska.
Not sure I agree. Many coaches since Frankie was axes turned down the job, it wasn't money but many felt and still do that recruiting to Lincoln is difficult these days. Players will transfer out to some Mountain West school, so they can play or become a tackling stud at some Pac school in the same defense and the left behind school watchers will say that the current staff couldn't keep them around, not taking into consideration that after starting to develop here, they took 2 years to do it somewhere else.
Look at the top schools yearly, and they can roll out of bed and recruit top notch people-and while Nebraska's talent is getting better, it still isn't Florida, the Carolinas, Texas, or California.
Coaches won't come to Nebraska because winning in Lincoln is more difficult, and will be until a coach who truly wants to be here gets things turned around. My opinion

Not sure I agree. Many coaches since Frankie was axes turned down the job, it wasn't money but many felt and still do that recruiting to Lincoln is difficult these days. Players will transfer out to some Mountain West school, so they can play or become a tackling stud at some Pac school in the same defense and the left behind school watchers will say that the current staff couldn't keep them around, not taking into consideration that after starting to develop here, they took 2 years to do it somewhere else.
Look at the top schools yearly, and they can roll out of bed and recruit top notch people-and while Nebraska's talent is getting better, it still isn't Florida, the Carolinas, Texas, or California.
Coaches won't come to Nebraska because winning in Lincoln is more difficult, and will be until a coach who truly wants to be here gets things turned around. My opinion

I forgot the sarcasm emoji.

Nebraska is unique from a coaching standpoint and not entirely for good reasons.

We 100% agree on what will make Nebraska an attractive job again, besides the $5 million. Frost fixes it and gets back in the top 10 consistently and we're having a different conversation. If I'm an up and coming coach and Nebraska fires THE Nebraska kid who A) Wanted the job B) Is loyal to Nebraska and turned down other offers to be here C) Has a history with the program no other current coach could possibly have, I'm double clutching. We'll likely over pay for unknowns and re-treads.

Frost continues to struggle, is given his full five years and still can't clean this up and that's a different story.

I don't think you can. That's ok, it's nothing personal and not anybody's fault. Something between his head and his hands doesn't work properly when he needs to make the snap... no need to continue putting the kid in a position where he can't succeed.

seems like we might have drawn that conclusion at the end of one full season of bad snaps.

Who gets a dozen mulligans? How is that fair to the rest of the team?

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back