• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Si.com Reporters Mock Draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

As I see these draft projections roll off, it sure looks like Crick made a big mistake coming back for his senior year.

As I see these draft projections roll off, it sure looks like Crick made a big mistake coming back for his senior year.

The way they played, all of the D line made a mistake by coming back, whatever year.;)

Oh, its a joke...kinda.:)

I agree, and I may get crucified if I say this, but I think had he not got injured his stock may have dropped even more. Take it for what its worth. I have had a couple people mention that and cant say I dont disagree.

Last edited:
I agree, and I may get crucified if I say this, but I think had he not got injured his stock may have dropped even more. Take it for what its worth. I have had a couple people mention that and cant say I dont disagree.

He certainly didn't have an all-star start, but previously he seemed to get better (as did the defense in general) as the season progressed - sort of a slow starter. We never did get a game this season with a truly healthy Crick and Dennard (with David) all at the same time. Coulda, woulda, shoulda, but if those three had stayed healthy and Green and Evans started the year the way they finished, there might be an entirely different perception of the defense this season.

Either way, I thought Crick was projected as a late 1st rounder if he had come out as a junior which meant a lot of money. Now he has to come off that injury and star at the combine to make it into the top few rounds. Andrew Luck made it work this year, but I cringe when I hear a first rounder is returning for another season. I thought Ryan Broyles was supposed to be a 1st rounder also, and he was also missing in your link...IMO, since this sets you up for the rest of your life, if you're a 1st rounder, take the money and go.

Last edited:

The combines and testing will level everything out. They always do.

Check out #11.

I remember people calling him fat, flabby and overrated only AFTER he defected and committed to Iowa. Would have been nice to have him.

The combines and testing will level everything out. They always do.

Um, yeah, sure it does. If anything the combine and pro days make stars out of guys who shouldn't be drafted where they get drafted. There's always a couple guys who end up as first round picks who, based on their time in college, have no business being first rounders. Fabian Washington wasn't a first round talent but had a superior combine and got drafted in the first round. I'm pretty sure he's out of the league now. He finished with six interceptions and 221 tackles (203 solo) in a total of 81 career games.

Crick definitely cost himself a lot of money by coming back. IMO he's a 3rd round pick at best now.

Last edited:
I thought I had heard that Crick would be lucky to be healed up enough to make it to the combine.

Crick will be healthy for the combine....the link below has him as a low first rounder....third round as mentioned above, I would be shocked if fell that far...way to much upside despite the injury....

23. Alfonzo Dennard, CB, Nebraska: While easy-chair scouts are quick to point out that Dennard was beaten by South Carolina's Alshon Jeffery for 148 yards and a touchdown, I'd argue that the Nebraska cornerback actually did a pretty solid job against the much bigger Jeffery for much of the day. The fact that Dennard was beaten over the top for a 78-yard gain midway through the second quarter by Jeffery should be much more disconcerting that the Hail Mary touchdown Jeffery caught over the entire Nebraska secondary to end the half.

32. Jared Crick, DE, Nebraska: Crick missed the final eight games of the Huskers' season, including the Capitol One Bowl with a torn pectoral, but that won't keep scouts from grading the 2010 All-American as a first-round talent based on his potential to line up inside or out depending on the defensive scheme of the team that drafts him come April.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/...inate-top-10-spots-in-early-draft-projections

Last edited:

Could not disagree more....see my post above...not sure what you are basing that on?

Um, yeah, sure it does. If anything the combine and pro days make stars out of guys who shouldn't be drafted where they get drafted. There's always a couple guys who end up as first round picks who, based on their time in college, have no business being first rounders. Fabian Washington wasn't a first round talent but had a superior combine and got drafted in the first round. I'm pretty sure he's out of the league now. He finished with six interceptions and 221 tackles (203 solo) in a total of 81 career games.

Crick definitely cost himself a lot of money by coming back. IMO he's a 3rd round pick at best now.

So you don't think he will perform well at the combines?

Quite a few NFL mock drafts had the Cowboys taking Prince last season. Those things are a total crap shoot -- outside of maybe the first couple of picks. Well, they do most times get most of the players in the first round right -- but just rarely to the proper team. Fun to read, however.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back