• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Should we be concerned...

HuskerGene

A work in progress
10 Year Member
We've barely had 4 guys commit in just over a week. At this rate we'll be lucky to be sitting at 30 commits before the season starts. Can we really expect this staff to ever grasp this recruiting thing? What to do, what to do... ;)

If the staff wants to play with the big boys, they need to showcase those squat machines to show the Huskers are big time!

We've barely had 4 guys commit in just over a week. At this rate we'll be lucky to be sitting at 30 commits before the season starts. Can we really expect this staff to ever grasp this recruiting thing? What to do, what to do... ;)
Yes, we should be concerned. How will we make room for all of those 5* recruits who we flip from Alabama, Clemson, Ohio State, South Dakota State, etc. on signing day in February?:p

Last edited:
It does concern me that we are struggling to land recruits at our areas of biggest need. Missing on Simon, Reed, Moten, Atteberry, Possibly Watts, and Logan who we really didn't even pursue..... I love the staff and think in the long run we will be ok, but I am not really excited about this class so far. I am an extremely optimistic person, but frankly, I'm a bit concerned. Am I wrong?

Just look at Clemson ..we are light years behind in recruiting. They have more 5 stars this year(5) than we have had this century. What would it take to get Dabo to Lincoln? ;)

Just look at Clemson ..we are light years behind in recruiting. They have more 5 stars this year(5) than we have had this century. What would it take to get Dabo to Lincoln? ;)
Dabo had to work up to that. between 2009 and 2017 they only had one top 10 class and it was #10. They have never had a top 5 class according to 24/7. Dabo is hot right now because he is Jack that killed the Giant.

Dabo had to work up to that. between 2009 and 2017 they only had one top 10 class and it was #10. They have never had a top 5 class according to 24/7. Dabo is hot right now because he is Jack that killed the Giant.
And Clemson fans will be pissed when he follows Saban to coach Bama

It takes time to build a winning team..Winning Teams draw Optimistic,Winning Players...In time, they will come, by the way, it has already started here..just look around...
The winning part needs to start this season. Not saying we have to have a UCF kind of year two - that's not going to happen.

Sean Callahan posted in a chat on Husker Online that he is sensing that a number of recruits are taking a wait-and-see approach before they pull the trigger for NU. They like the campus, they like the fan support, they like the facilities and think Frost is a cool dude. But they want to see if the win total will improve. I tend to agree with him. So I'm not going to lose a lot of sleep over the number of recruits on-board at this point.

I believe it is critical this year more than any other in recent memory that we do not stumble coming out of the gate and lose one of those first four games. Matching the 2018 win total so early in the season would IMO make recruits feel a lot better about committing to the Huskers.

The winning part needs to start this season. Not saying we have to have a UCF kind of year two - that's not going to happen.

Sean Callahan posted in a chat on Husker Online that he is sensing that a number of recruits are taking a wait-and-see approach before they pull the trigger for NU. They like the campus, they like the fan support, they like the facilities and think Frost is a cool dude. But they want to see if the win total will improve. I tend to agree with him. So I'm not going to lose a lot of sleep over the number of recruits on-board at this point.

I believe it is critical this year more than any other in recent memory that we do not stumble coming out of the gate and lose one of those first four games. Matching the 2018 win total so early in the season would IMO make recruits feel a lot better about committing to the Huskers.

To me it's not sp much of "how many" but "who"! Now, can we flip those kids? maybe but how realistic is it? And this tear particularly, the top kids have committed early!

Winning cures all ills. I love Nebraska, but if I were top talent, two back-to-back 4-8 seasons would honestly give me pause. Flip that to 8-4 or better this year and we will be running out of schollies...

Last edited:

The last four games of the season showed what this team is capable of....they lost close games ( except Michigan) with a true freshman QB who didn’t play his senior year in high school. The running game has vastly improved and the coaching staff is one of the best in the country. Don’t underestimate the importance of the walk on program. There will be two walk ons starting on offense and the punting game is manned by walk ons.
This season Nebraska will be in every game if they get a few breaks and stay healthy 9 wins could mean a New Years Day bowl game.

Winning cures all ills. I love Nebraska, but if I were top talent, two back-to-back 4-8 seasons would honestly give me pause. Flip that to 8-4 or better this year and we will be running out of schollies...
I think more like a couple 10 win seasons and a couple good upsets. OSU and a major bowl victory or 2. That will set up well. IMO

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back