• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Should student athletes have..

Personally, if I see someone with a tattoo, I question their intelligence, common sense or mental health. That’s probably just me. If someone can give me a good reason to pay the money and waste the time to defile their body, I might change my mind. Reeks of “I’m cool enough or bad enough to get a tat!”
This sounds like a first draft of a Country Time Lemonade commercial.

Nobody under 40 will get this.

Nah, just a lot of effort for something no one looks at 99% of the time and the odd time I try to make out what it’s supposed to be, I can’t.

There are some folks that completely buy into the 'I'm a tattooed bad ass'. Of course, just like the rest of society, some of them are actually pretty bad ass. And just like the rest of society, some of them are not intelligent and may have mental issues. For most of us with tattoos, it's just an expression of an event, a person, a point in time in their lives. Might have meant absolutely nothing and they just thought it looked good. It's generally not for the viewer, but for the wearer. If it sparks conversation, great. Even better.

If you know someone that has tat's, maybe ask what the significance of one you're wondering about is. Certainly labeling someone with tattoos as unintelligent or mentally ill is an unreasonable stance. I doubt if you were to meet me, you'd think either label would apply.

We're mostly just people.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back