• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Should know by Tuesday.....ish

So we find out this week about schedules, right? When do we start practice? Will we have practice updates? Will there be some real football news to discuss this week?

I don't know about schedules (or the logistics involved with scheduling a game or games) , but wasn't practice supposed to start Friday? I do believe it is still too early to cancel the entire season. But, tomorrow is the "ish" day.

Likely scenario. Only question, do all teams have their season scrapped at once or will there be selective games allowed? Would think this would be a total kill switch kind of decision out of fairness.
Just would like to know who’s responsible for the final decision Big Ten , NCAA or individual schools. No one has made that very clear.

Just would like to know who’s responsible for the final decision Big Ten , NCAA or individual schools. No one has made that very clear.

I don’t think the NCAA has the power (or the sack) to make that call. With the conferences making plans, it would appear from the side of the sport, they make the call. The individual states and or schools could obviously override as far as they are concerned.

It’ll be driven by conferences. Conferences will decide how to proceed and they’ll let the NCAA know what they plan to do. Remember, the NCAA’s existence is dependent on the institutions it ‘serves’. And those institutions won’t go against their fellow conference partners. That’s a long answer to say, conferences will decide.

It’ll be driven by conferences. Conferences will decide how to proceed and they’ll let the NCAA know what they plan to do. Remember, the NCAA’s existence is dependent on the institutions it ‘serves’. And those institutions won’t go against their fellow conference partners. That’s a long answer to say, conferences will decide.
And Health Departments.

And Health Departments.

That’s probably true is some regions. It’ll be interesting to see how much pull they’ll have though. If a major program wants to play, will political leaders have the nads to allow Public Health to stand in the way? I’m skeptical. Universities have a lot of political power in most states. Public Health agencies are typically at the mercy of state political leaders. But it’ll be interesting to watch.

That’s probably true is some regions. It’ll be interesting to see how much pull they’ll have though. If a major program wants to play, will political leaders have the nads to allow Public Health to stand in the way? I’m skeptical. Universities have a lot of political power in most states. Public Health agencies are typically at the mercy of state political leaders. But it’ll be interesting to watch.

Do you think NU has political power in our state? I am trying to think when/where they have ever excised that in the past?

The sooner they start the better... get all of the issues out of the way early so the 2nd half of the season goes well for everyone. There will be issues, so we can all expect the panic articles in the first few weeks, but things will settle down in time.

The sooner they start the better... get all of the issues out of the way early so the 2nd half of the season goes well for everyone. There will be issues, so we can all expect the panic articles in the first few weeks, but things will settle down in time.
Is today the day? I do not expect them to cancel the season today, or for that matter delay the start as of today

Why don't we just get all the teams together and have them hang out all days with a few infected people like we did in the days of Chicken pox and get it over with.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back