• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Should know by Tuesday.....ish

I would think a decision would be sooner rather than later. All fall sports programs need to get started if, and when, the seasons are confirmed for a start. Using the current state of conditions of MLB, NFL and collegiate conferences that have made decisions concerning the Covid 19 status, I am not optimistic about any Big 10 football.

I believe that the Athletes big party at Rutgers will be the final nail in the coffin for Big Football this year we were already on the ledge and this will be the Ammo that admins needed to show that it just won't work no matter the planning or precautions

I believe that the Athletes big party at Rutgers will be the final nail in the coffin for Big Football this year we were already on the ledge and this will be the Ammo that admins needed to show that it just won't work no matter the planning or precautions
Or is it the ammo that shows kids are going to do kids things regardless if football is canceled or not?

I'll just be glad when we finally know.

I still tend to think there will be some football. But I won't be at all surprised if there's 3-5 bye weeks, as suggested in the article. I'm not sure how realistic the rumor is that there may not be any football in the fall.

Last edited:
Hopefully if the Big Ten cancels the season other P5 conferences will follow suit. I’d hate to see the SEC/ACC playing this fall and not the B1G.

That's going to be the problem. No conference is going to want to be the first conference to cancel, because others might come up with a different plan that allows some games or play games until they are forced to cancel. It would be tough to cancel the season and then find the others aren't following along.

And this is what is so maddening and speaks to alot of frustration with everyone; as there seems to be decisions rendered by directors, politicians, "health experts" that an unintended consequence is to punish everyone for actions of a few. I used the term unintended loosely. This is the case with the discussion of fall sports at every level as well as outside the realm of sports. I feel for all of those in athletic departments either pro or amateur, bar owners, salon owners, restaurant managers and employees who do everything right, but are impacted by those of a few. I am not trying to turn this into politics but to point how everyone is impacted by those actions of a few.

I knew months ago. But yes, officially we need an announcement so we can all plan accordingly.

Hopefully if the Big Ten cancels the season other P5 conferences will follow suit. I’d hate to see the SEC/ACC playing this fall and not the B1G.
The SEC nor Big 12 will never cancel the season. High school football will be in full force in those areas too.

Last edited:
Cut Rutgers loose this season. We can cut up to 3 more teams loose and still get our 10 conference games in, assuming others want out. Of course these teams should not share in any B1G football revenue in 2020.

I knew months ago. But yes, officially we need an announcement so we can all plan accordingly.
I posted on here in March that college students wouldn't social distance in the fall. My prediction was based on what has happened without interruption over the last 10 billion years - yes, a trend so strong it even predates the existence of humans and life itself by billions of years.

Young people party. Damn them.

Last edited:
You could prove correct, but I would argue the people running sports at any level were never really serious about having it because it turns out they had adopted an impossible to meet standard of zero cases or everyone qurantines. That was never going to happen.

Two Cardinals test positive and they postpone their games instead of just playing with replacements and isolating the positives. They're going to conduct contact tracing. That makes zero sense. If their standard is zero positives they could only do that with perfectly controlled social distancing. If they had that there would be no reason to contact trace. Their plan was never realistic.

The NBA's approach does have a snowball's chance, but given human nature, just barely.

Last edited:

You could prove correct, but I would argue the people running sports at any level were never really serious about having it because it turns out they had adopted an impossible to meet standard of zero cases or everyone qurantines. That was never going to happen.

Two Cardinals test positive and they postpone their games instead of just playing with replacements and isolating the positives. They're going to conduct contact tracing. That makes zero sense. If their standard is zero positives they could only do that with perfectly controlled social distancing. If they had that there would be no reason to contact trace. Their plan was never realistic.

The NBA's approach does have a snowball's chance, but given human nature, just barely.
It is possible that living in a bubble is the only way this season will happen. The NBA professional athletes may be able to make that work, because it is the job of all involved with the team to make it work (or they shouldn't get a paycheck).

But with student/athletes needing to attend classes with others not in the bubble, this may be impossible.

Problem: Enable student/athletes to remain in a bubble setting and still get their education, with enough incentive to make it work for all student/athletes to maintain the bubble. What are the obstacles while dealing with teenagers/early 20 age humans?

Solutions: ?

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back