• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Shopping the transfer portal

Status
Not open for further replies.

wheat

Scout Team
10 Year Member
Out of curiousity, I read through the 247 portal list. There are a few familiar names who haven't committed to a new school. The ones I could find with initial Nebraska offers or interest from the current staff include:

Garrett Shrader, Mississippi State, QB

Matthew Pola-Mao, K-State, DL

Kevin Harris, Alabama, OLB

Matthew Tago, Oregon State, OLB

Luke Fulton, Michigan State, ILB

Jamari Stewart, Mississippi State, WDE

Christian William, Miami (FL), CB

Tavian Mayo, West Virginia, CB

I'm sure I missed some guys that NU had been involved with and I have no idea if our staff would have interest in any of these guys. I was mostly procrastinating from more admininstrivia work. Seems like the portal is going to be a vital part of recruiting going forward. That could actually work in the favor of a school like NU that isn't in a recruiting hotbed.

Last edited:
We really wanted Pola-Mao didnt we? Maybe we get him after all

Yeah, we pushed pretty hard for him. He seems like the one on this list that we were closest to signing the first time around, so maybe Tuioti can pull him in. I'm not sure of his reason for leaving K-State. There have been a number of guys transfer from KSU, too. All-America kick returner Joshua Youngblood just announced he's transferring from KSU to Rutgers. Schiano is going to have them as a tough out fairly soon.

Last edited:

Some of these guys visited Lincoln. We could stand to add OLB, ILB, DL, DB, and WR via the portal. QB possibly, depending on what’s going to happen in the off-season.

Yeah, we pushed pretty hard for him. He seems like the one on this list that we were closest to signing the first time around, so maybe Tuioti can pull him in. I'm not sure of his reason for leaving K-State. There have been a number of guys transfer from KSU, too. All-America kick returner Joshua Youngblood just announced he's transferring from KSU to Rutgers. Schiano is going to have them as a tough out fairly soon.
Schiano already has them as a tough out. In his 1st year. At Rutgers.

Some of these guys visited Lincoln. We could stand to add OLB, ILB, DL, DB, and WR via the portal. QB possibly, depending on what’s going to happen in the off-season.

Thanks for linking the profiles. I think we are going to have to see the portal as an opportunity. Hoiberg has mastered the transfer piece. Obviously HS kids need to be the main focus for building a team but transfers are a reality. It will be interesting to follow over time to see if FBS to FBS transfers have a different success rate than JUCO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back