• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Shatel's Ideas

The seats shouldn't be smaller than the people are.
I'm 6'0", 195 lbs. And the seats are way too small for me.
I can't imagine what a larger person goes through to sit down.
It's not right.
It shouldn't be hard to use the restrooms, or use the concessions.
It shouldn't be hard and/or ridiculously expensive to park.
It shouldn't forever to get into, and out of the stadium.
These are all incredibly easily fixable items.
You start with changing the capacity to 70,000 seats, which is all that want to go to the games these days anyway, and all the other problems fix themselves.

I think the idea of improving the stadium experience is as much or more about ensuring fan interest 30-40 years from now as it is 3-4 years from now.
Agreed. Additionally, reducing the overall capacity of Memorial Stadium and replacing that loss with upgraded seating options that will bring higher revenue from those willing to pay for it.

There are social area aspects in the plan as well that might entice renewed fan interest for those looking for a different experience - all with a cost of course.

Nebraska will be looking for additional donation revenue in many forms, while at the same time looking for ways to even out the donation money outlay required for season tickets - a reduction for some, and increase for others.

It won't matter how many vibrating seats, and wine and cheese bars get put in, if you don't fix the football.

I look at myself and my circle of friends in and around Omaha. We are in our mid 30's to early 40's, with young families, and professional jobs. We are either Alums or grew up as big Husker fans. We are the target audience - we have disposable income, we care, and we are close. Yet I've gone to two games in the last 6 years, and it's about the same for my friends. What would it take to get us to A), go more often, or B) get season tickets? Fixing the on field product would definitely help. If we were averaging 10 win a season I'd certainly look into going more often. However, even if we were winning I'd still be hard press to justify going more than once a year.

To truly motivate me (and I assume my friends) to regularly attend I'd want a better overall experience. I'm not a big drinker, but being able to have a beer would be nice. I'm not a big guy, and my knees and back are still good, but having an individual seat with a seat back would be nice. I'm not on social media (unless you count this), but having wifi connection so I could check full game stats and rosters would be nice. The big one? Access to the stadium. Being able to get to and away from the stadium in a reasonable amount of time (an hour or so) would be huge.

Perhaps these things aren't doable. Perhaps I'm unreasonable. That's fine. I'm a consumer, and I can always choose not to consume.

I look at myself and my circle of friends in and around Omaha. We are in our mid 30's to early 40's, with young families, and professional jobs. We are either Alums or grew up as big Husker fans. We are the target audience - we have disposable income, we care, and we are close. Yet I've gone to two games in the last 6 years, and it's about the same for my friends. What would it take to get us to A), go more often, or B) get season tickets? Fixing the on field product would definitely help. If we were averaging 10 win a season I'd certainly look into going more often. However, even if we were winning I'd still be hard press to justify going more than once a year.

To truly motivate me (and I assume my friends) to regularly attend I'd want a better overall experience. I'm not a big drinker, but being able to have a beer would be nice. I'm not a big guy, and my knees and back are still good, but having an individual seat with a seat back would be nice. I'm not on social media (unless you count this), but having wifi connection so I could check full game stats and rosters would be nice. The big one? Access to the stadium. Being able to get to and away from the stadium in a reasonable amount of time (an hour or so) would be huge.

Perhaps these things aren't doable. Perhaps I'm unreasonable. That's fine. I'm a consumer, and I can always choose not to consume.

I don't think there is anything unreasonable in what you said at all. But Trev has a tough job ahead of him. I'm 50 my circle of friends are older and I drink before and would prefer no alcohol in the stadium and I go to the game to get away from cell phones and computer stuff. Kids are gone. I go strictly for the game but do love the atmosphere. As long as I don't have to pay for others wants go for it.

I usually only go to one game a year. Offered free tickets all the time but just hate the experience. Mostly seating but hate fighting the crowds. It’s a better experience at tailgates and bars as they all slow down at game time. You can still follow other games via cell phone. You can make it to the bathroom at every time out if you want and no line for concessions. You get to see more replays and get to choose when you want to sit or stand. Plus it’s always right around 70 degrees and dry. I really don’t understand why anyone would go to a game.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back