• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Shatel: Osborne Faces Hard Call

Refreshing to see... as "gimme" of an article though it may be. Considering just a week or two ago, it seemed like the media was trying to convince us that NU was on the cusp of something special.

People don’t talk Husker baseball anymore. When they do, it’s about firing Anderson. Another year like this, and they won’t even bother with that.
.... yep.

Osborne’s legacy won’t be written by baseball. But the investments Nebraskans have made — financial and emotional — into this program demand Osborne’s immediate attention.

Van Horn may have been a comet. But you gotta keep reaching for the stars.

.... I refuse to listen to those fans who suggest this is as good as it can be and no one is going to do any better. If that becomes the AD's mentality, he should retire immediately because he's not doing his job.

Sad reality is... the Big Ten is not going to do much to raise fan interest. Those teams are the equivalent of Wayne State. Maybe some will be blind to that at first. There is absolutely no reason the Huskers shouldn't go out and dominate that conference next season (and beyond). Big Ten baseball is the equivalent of the MAC in football (and maybe I'm being too harsh on the MAC). Regardless, Nebraska's mentality should be "no excuses" as it plows through that garbage league and earn a regional host next season.

Pretty much said it all. It's a sad state of affairs when only 4,000 show up on a perfect spring weekend.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back