• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Shatel on Luke McCaffery

Uh okay but Sam did not write it Shatel did

Note the thread title and Dam crediting Shatel

Oh and disagree with you
My bad...meant Tom. It was tongue in cheek a little here. You can disagree all you want, but it just amazes me how all the beat writers continue to carry Scott's water. How times have changed.

Last edited:

A agree with Shatel but then why did Scott talk him up so much?

Are we bull****ing this kid or are we that bad at evaluating our players?

EDIT: I edited this after I got a “like” and I can’t even remember what I posted before so if you end up not liking this sorry!

Last edited:
It comes down to Luke is not a P-5 QB plain and simple

In my opinion could be a great WR/RB

I think most folks agree with that
Not disagreeing with that assessment, but once again... the cries of "this wasn't Scott's fault", it's just the ol luck of the draw-type articles are stale.

I'm talking about the big picture. How did we get this point with our QB room? Are they reneging on promises made to kids? What's our issue with the FLA kids? Why are we at our youngest on offense going into year 4? Why are we slow playing local recruits, etc? Is Scott too buddy buddy with his players? That's what I'm talking about. Those questions. Local media has gone soft, I suspect in fear that Frost and Moos shuts them out.

Last edited:
A agree with Shatel but then why did Scott talk him up so much?

Are we bull****ing this kid or are we that bad at evaluating our players?

EDIT: I edited this after I got a “like” and I can’t even remember what I posted before so if you end up not liking this sorry!
Geez,. damned if you do, damned if you don't. First we heard he was too tough on kids, then he's praising them too much. It's the continued complaints that nothing is ever right that get's absurdly old.

I haven't read the article yet, and i'd agree with the headline. He basically just took off a lot whether designed or scramble. That said, I was complaining about the same thing with Martinez at QB too. It seemed we didn't get a push with our line so whoever was in at QB just became our +1 in the gameplan so they ran it a ton. Feels like called this QB run play no matter who was there.

Geez,. damned if you do, damned if you don't. First we heard he was too tough on kids, then he's praising them too much. It's the continued complaints that nothing is ever right that get's absurdly old.

There isn’t not a lot right with the offense. That’s just the case statistically.

I don’t know anything about the other complaints you mentioned. Address those with the posters making them.

Not disagreeing with that assessment, but once again... the cries of "this wasn't Scott's fault", it's just the ol luck of the draw-type articles are stale.

I'm talking about the big picture. How did we get this point with our QB room? Are they reneging on promises made to kids? What's our issue with the FLA kids? Why are we at our youngest on offense going into year 4? Why are we slow playing local recruits, etc? Is Scott too buddy buddy with his players? That's what I'm talking about. Those questions. Local media has gone soft, I suspect in fear that Frost and Moos shuts them out.

As most know, I've been a critic of Frost and coach V, I've been a critic of roster management as well. As far as LM goes, he was given a fair shot to win the job and didn't. He had two games and didn't play well, so in my mind he can't say I didn't get a fair shot. I don't want to see him go, but he must think he can be a good D1 P5 QB. that's possible, but probably not probable. If he goes somewhere else and does very well, it will be real troubling. I still think the biggest mistake with AM was that he was injured when he came in and has never got completely healthy. I'm not sure that's totally our fault. Tenn wanted him badly as well, so maybe that part is bad luck? Yes he's also made some bad decisions, but I don't think his shoulder ever got right. I hope that gets figured out.

I've been told by a pretty reliable source that 2 of the FLA kids were bad eggs and drug the other three with them and they were a cancer.

I still think we should be better than 12-20. I actually have a bigger problem with how special teams are run and that there were no coaching changes except for Rutledge. Yes we've had "some" bad luck, but you also make your own luck. You are right in that the local press has been very gentle. I don't know the question to the slow play other than the coaching staff has had some disorganization and communication issues.

Let's hope they figure it out soon, win 6 games next year and then build from there. I'm not saying they will, but I'm pulling for that result. GBR!!

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back