• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Shatel on Luke McCaffery

I expect Stepp to be eligible. The NCAA is kind of painted into a corner this year. They can’t possibly evaluate all 1500 transfers. They’re going to have to bite the bullet and grant waivers this year imo.

That would be the intelligent thing to do, but when was the last time you saw the NCAA do anything intelligent? I still don't truly understand why they decided not to vote on the one free transfer rule change that was expected to pass this month. If they lose the appeal being heard by SCOTUS this spring all the rules are out the window anyway. Why introduce chaos by letting everybody believe a rule would pass and then decide not to vote on it at the last minute?? The letter they received from the DOJ seems like an excuse for inaction.

That would be the intelligent thing to do, but when was the last time you saw the NCAA do anything intelligent? I still don't truly understand why they decided not to vote on the one free transfer rule change that was expected to pass this month. If they lose the appeal being heard by SCOTUS this spring all the rules are out the window anyway. Why introduce chaos by letting everybody believe a rule would pass and then decide not to vote on it at the last minute?? The letter they received from the DOJ seems like an excuse for inaction.
How do you spell incompetence? NCAA

I still believe there is or was a problem in the locker room. In pressers, two players stated their belief that Luke ran the offense "more quickly" or "faster" than Adrian. Even if true, not the type of thing to say in a presser. Those two players AND Luke are now gone. Player clique? Coincidence?

In iowa, they think the N in NCAA stands for Nowledge, and though I never want to admit an iowegian as being right, they just might be here, of course, without them really knowing, so I guess its safe this time

All good points. And the divide you reference is one that is all too familiar for Husker fans since we began the revolving door experiment at HC.

One question in your opinion though, to the bolded - OSU is a different beast in the B1G, so whether you include them in your response is up to you, but if Nebraska suffers a couple blow out losses next season on its way to a .500 or even 1 game below .500 campaign, does the optimism shift for you?

It certainly would affect it. That's why I don't like the idea of a coach having to win X amount of games to keep his job. 6-6 with some ugly blowouts, or 5-7 with a close losses. Which of those is a better season?

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back