• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Shatel gets Ted Carter on the record

Sofa King

Recruit
2 Year Member
No doubt some smoke here as the quote shows they are definitely thinking about making a change.

Screen Shot 2021-11-03 at 3.57.03 PM.png

I do find it a little strange that the system President is making comments. It's not uncommon for Chancellor's to talk athletics, but I don't recall L. Dennis Smith dropping quotes back in the Osborne Solich days.
Our administration has always been waaay too involved in the football program. You hire an AD and let him do his job. I understand the power of booster and such, but the President has no business answering of-the-cuff questions from reporters about the fate of the current football coach. It reeks of dysfunction.

Do we want someone who can drop the "bomb" every once in awhile or, do we want continued insanity becuz the current regime is not working--here or anywhere else!

Matt Turman for QB coach! With new HC!

I do find it a little strange that the system President is making comments. It's not uncommon for Chancellor's to talk athletics, but I don't recall L. Dennis Smith dropping quotes back in the Osborne Solich days.

It is strange. Hank Bounds set a bad precedent by butting into athletics issues and making himself prominent during coaching and AD changes. System Presidents almost never get involved in campus issues because that's not their role, and they risk undermining their Chancellors by interfering. It's possible that Ronnie Green asked Bounds, and now Carter, to be involved, in which case that's not as problematic.

Our administration has always been waaay too involved in the football program. You hire an AD and let him do his job. I understand the power of booster and such, but the President has no business answering of-the-cuff questions from reporters about the fate of the current football coach. It reeks of dysfunction.

Yeah, you could argue that even Ronnie Green should not be involved.

Last edited:

Carter's "breaking the silence," is all that we need to know where this train is headed--and it's not up to Minnehaha to go paddlin!

Maybe we can get Moose to sell his ranch in MT to help split 1/2 of the buyout cost??? Isn't he responsible for this debacle??? I think M also got a, "parachute package!"

It also takes the frenzy of speculation around Frost's future and amps it up to 11. It's an unneeded distraction for a team that has a golden opportunity to flip the script on Saturday.

"A decision hasn't been made" is code for "a decision has been made, but we won't announce it for a few weeks yet because it would be poor form."

If Frost was returning, the President wouldn't have even conceded that there was a decision to be made.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back