• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Sharpe and Davison as announcers

Dugzilla

Charlotte Husker
5 Year Member
When I watch Carolina Panther games I listen to the radio guys. The insight they provide, and humor, really entertains. However, I have listened to the home guys while watching Husker games and have since switched back to TV announcers. My question is, do you have a take on this? I'll wait for your responses before I admit what bothers me about them. Thanks.

When I watch Carolina Panther games I listen to the radio guys. The insight they provide, and humor, really entertains. However, I have listened to the home guys while watching Husker games and have since switched back to TV announcers. My question is, do you have a take on this? I'll wait for your responses before I admit what bothers me about them. Thanks.
I don't think Sharpe does a bad job. I've listened to the radio feed synched with the television feed before because I prefer it. Not crazy about Davison as the color guy. But, there are times the radio crew is more barrable to listen to then the TV.

when forced to listen, they don't bother me at all. I can generally understand what is going on.

Matt had mentioned in Saturdays broadcast about how well the defense was playing he expected the offense to have better production, I almost felt he was holding Scott's pom pom, it's got to be difficult for him.

First time I listened since Frost firing cuz couldn't watch. Davison did not irritate me, did a serviceable job. I did notice once that when he was complimenting a few parties for the improvement of playing, he didn't mention Mickey. So I started paying attention to see if he'd remark at all on MJ. Don't think he did but the game and following you guys in thread was what I was involved in...could've missed it.

I've always liked both of them. Haven't listened to them the last couple of games because now the radio feed is 5 seconds ahead of the TV (it used to be the other way around when Huskers.com had the feed, so I'd just pause the TV so they'd sync up). Sure, it's not Lyell, but we're not bringing him back again.

I've always liked Matt, and not being an insider, I struggle with taking the leap that others have in blaming him for SF's failures. Seems like some people still need their ego stroked, and they haven't gotten their pound of flesh yet.

I don’t think there are many better than Sharp he’ll do a great job of bringing the listener into the game. Radio is difficult and he’s one of the best. Matt gives it everything he has as a color man especially in preparation. It has to be tough for him to have watched Nebraska struggle under Frost. It’s incredible to me that some people blame him for Scott’s problems.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back