• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked SEC...... hype!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

cthusker

You talken to me?
10 Year Member
Thought this statement from Stoops was exactly on point! There is a bunch of HYPE about the SEC starting with our friends at ESPN. When the SEC is looked at top to bottom they aren't much different then most other conferences. They happen to have several teams that have been playing at a very high level. Give Bama, LSU and several others high marks however that doesn't mean the entire conference has teams stacked up with the over all excellence as say Bama. Last night proved they put their pants on just like everyone else. They made critical mistakes with turnovers and OU turned them into points. No difference then what we did in the MSU game!

Bottom line I like Stoops and respect what he's done at OU! They ARE NOT intimidated by anyone and their coach is not afraid to to speak out. I think he's 100% correct in sizing up the SEC! Nebraska just proved SEC teams are not invincible... anything but! SEC will continue to be a very good football conference but they are beatable with good sound football..............

Last edited:

He got beat by Mack this past year.
Not invincible anymore, but still a good coach.
Can recruit with anyone.

He got beat by Mack this past year.
Not invincible anymore, but still a good coach.
Can recruit with anyone.

Considering he's still winning at 80%... conference titles, BCS bowls, top 10 finishes and toss in that NC.... I'd say he's top 10 coaches in the nation right now.

Last edited:
Thought this statement from Stoops was exactly on point! There is a bunch of HYPE about the SEC starting with our friends at ESPN. When the SEC is looked at top to bottom they aren't much different then most other conferences. They happen to have several teams that have been playing at a very high level. Give Bama, LSU and several others high marks however that doesn't mean the entire conference has teams stacked up with the over all excellence as say Bama. Last night proved they put their pants on just like everyone else. They made critical mistakes with turnovers and OU turned them into points. No difference then what we did in the MSU game!

Bottom line I like Stoops and respect what he's done at OU! They ARE NOT intimidated by anyone and their coach is not afraid to to speak out. I think he's 100% correct in sizing up the SEC! Nebraska just proved SEC teams are not invincible... anything but! SEC will continue to be a very good football conference but they are beatable with good sound football..............

I agree with you as well as stoops, The sec usually has matchups in bowl games that favor their teams and when they win its like everybody in the conference is world beaters, as to other conferences like the big 10 are underdogs in the vast majority of their bowl games and yet beat the spread as well as win a few and are not that great, but that's my opinion

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back