• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Sean Snyder: Special Teams Coach Headed To USC

CrabHusker

S&C Coordinator-Sponsored by DBol
10 Year Member
My apologies to Oklahusker for getting his original thread about Snyder locked.

I am the lowest of toads.

Please discuss.

Snyder......not me being the lowest of toads.

Personally, I think it's a no brainer if he'll actually come to town in an analyst role. Guy has been around the game his whole life and coaching longer than Frost, IRCC.

He would be a great hire in that capacity. KSU fans were generally not pleased when it sounded like he might succeed his father but good special teams play has been a cornerstone of the KSU program.

He would be a great hire in that capacity. KSU fans were generally not pleased when it sounded like he might succeed his father but good special teams play has been a cornerstone of the KSU program.

I remember hearing and reading some of that. It seemed as if the general consensus was he was only on staff because he dad was coach. I honestly hadn't looked into him much until the first rumblings about him potentially joining the staff in some capacity.

I remember hearing and reading some of that. It seemed as if the general consensus was he was only on staff because he dad was coach. I honestly hadn't looked into him much until the first rumblings about him potentially joining the staff in some capacity.

I don't know if it was so much that he was only on staff because of his Dad but that argument certainly applied to getting consideration for the head job. The main concerns from fans here (Manhattan) was that his role had always been related to special teams. He didn't recruit. He had never coordinated offense or defense. There was little in his resume that suggested he was adequately prepared to be the head coach at a Power Five program. But he did do a good job with special teams so, if he ends up in Lincoln to fix our special teams issues, I'll be inclined to think it's a good thing.

Last edited:

I like this hire a lot. Our special teams were atrocious this year. I can only imagine this will make us better in that area.

I identified Snyder back in the Dewitt Gone thread only because I had noticed how good KSU always seemed to be at special teams. When I saw who he was and what his background was, I didn't believe that, one, he would be interested and two, we could afford to use one of our coaching slots for a dedicated special teams coordinator.

I would still like to see him on board even if it is only as an analyst. Special teams is low-hanging fruit in that it's an area in which we could immediately and easily improve with the right coaching/coordination.

Analyst is a great way to have someone focus exclusively on special teams without using up a spot on the coaching staff. Work on the scheme and Xs and Os, then get the other coaches to install it in practice. I hope this pans out.

What are the specific rules with an analyst or quality control coach?

They can’t recruit and can’t have contact with players? Can they watch practice? Be at games and wear a head set?

Um. We’ve got at least 10 years of pretty lackluster special teams play. That help?

:Sarcasm:
[/QUOTE
yeah thanks. now where did mr snyder's punt return teams rank during that time? do we need to hire bo? carl?? bo's son???

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back